happy aniversary / fluff

Thank you all for getting me to 90 reads!

Chuuya sighed as he walked through the city of Yokohama. He had just finished a day of work at the Port Mafia and he couldnt wait to get home to take a sip from one of his treasured wine bottles. Eventhough it was winter and it had been snowing, the city stayed bustling as usual. The voices of people passing by became background noises as Chuuya listened to the quiet crunch of snow beneath him.

Meanwhile, a taller suicide maniac had just finished his latest case and was on his way home. He already had a plan in his head to surprise Chuuya, his boyfriend for a year. Today was their first anniversary and Dazai wanted to make sure it would be a good day for both of them.

He swiftly opened the door to their shared home and his imagination immediately went to work. His mind was filled with ideas and possibilities that would it a night to remember. Dazai then remembered a faded memory, it was back from his childhood in the mafia.

Dazai followed Mori down the many aisles of the mafia base. Tonight there was to be a large celebration after they won a battle against another agency. Though Dazai was barely age 13, he was still invited and so was even the lowest of ranking officers of the mafia.

The young boy sighed and made his way to a quiet corner in the large party room. He wasnt the best at socializing and he'd rather keep to himself. A shorter redhead soon approached the same corner as him and stood a few inches away. He seemed just as indifferent about the party as Dazai.

Dazai gave a quick glance to his side and their eyes locked for a moment before they glanced away. "My name's Chuuya.", the redhead said to Dazai. He outstretched his hand to the taller boy reluctantly. "My name is Dazai.", he responded as he shook Chuuya's hand.

This was the first of many other meetings the two would have.

Dazai smiled to himself at the fond memory. He remembered of a short song that the two had both enjoyed that day, it was still one of their favorites. The brunette was sure he had the disk recorded for him by Mori as a present years ago. He knew that if he played it today it'd bring them both good memories.

As he looked around, he noticed an old, dusty box. He wasn't sure what it contained, so he quickly opened it. He smiled to himself when he realized the box had the disk of their favorite song. He held it close to his heart and started to work on Chuuya's surprise.

At the other side of town, Chuuya was busy shopping for a gift. He as well wanted to make this day memorable and was in search for something meaningful to give Dazai. He decided to get him a new coat so he could have more variety of clothing. He grabbed the nicest navy blue coat he saw and ran out the shop.

He finally decided to go home once the sun began to set. He tucked the new coat under his arm and cleared his throat before knocking on the wooden door to their home.

"Come in.", Dazai called from inside. Chuuya found it weird that the house wasnt lit when he stepped inside. Instead there were small candles lighting a path to the kitchen where Dazai was. He was still wearing a dirty blue apron and a few food crumbs were still left on his messy locks.

"You have crumbs in your hair.", Chuuya simply stated and proceeded to stand on the tips of toes in an attempt to remove them. It was sadly no use and Dazai had to do it himself, laughing at the shorter redhead.

"Happy aniversary, Mr. Fancy Hat.", Dazai said and smiled at Chuuya. His heart fluttered at the gesture and he couldnt help but mirror his actions. Dazai gently grabbed a hold of Chuuya's smaller hands and led him to the yard where he had set up a few lanterns.

"I found our favorite song from when we met.", Dazai told Chuuya, causing his eyes to widen. He hadnt heard the song in years and it still brought back great memories from his childhood.

Dazai made his way to the music player and held out his hand for Chuuya. "I take no responsibility for harming you while dancing.", he said as he took the brunette's hand. Dazai simply nodded and brought him closer while looking down at him.

Chuuya involuntarily activated his powers and before they knew it, they were dancing among the stars and the moon. This would be a dance for two to be remembered.