letters (hamilton) / angst

Chuuya sighed as he thought of Dazai. He'd kept every single letter he'd recieved over the past 4 years. Dazai's words always seemed to calm him and give gim peace. Chuuya smiled to himself as he imagined the brunette writing them on a desk.

Oh how he wished for a new letter; he hadn't gotten one in months. Even so, he kept writing letter after letter. He always waited for one in return. Day after day, month after month, his mailbox would stay hollow of any.

He grabbed the latest letter, scanning every letter, every line. It was as if the paragraphs built castles in his heart. It felt bittersweet to think of the letters, he knew Dazai was his from the beginning, yet it felt as if Chuuya had lost him.

The others gave him words of comfort, attempting to aid the short redhead. Missions had long once become empty, quiet as a library without Dazai. "Be careful, he'll do what it takes to survive." Mori told Chuuya. Those words always echoed in his head. With every passing day they began to sound more like reality.

____________________________

It was a bright day, the sun was out and barely any clouds in the sky. Chuuya had taken the day off and he couldn't wait to take a long awaited walk around the city. The cherry blossoms were in full bloom and their scent filled the air around the park.

As he paced around the dirt path, screams could be heard from the nearby river. He mumble to himself before continuing his walk. Though he tried his best to ignore it, the once small crowd around the river had doubled in size.

"Don't scare me like that!" a girl in the front of the crowd said as she pulled out something from the river. As Chuuya looked closer his eyes widened. It wasn't something but someone; someone he hadn't seen in years, Dazai.

"Don't worry, I'd only die with you." Dazai said to the girl, giving her a quick peck on the cheeck. Something inside Chuuya flared, he didn't know what this emotion was. Was it jealousy? No, that can't be it. It felt more like betrayal.

Unknown to Chuuya, a red aura had begun surrounding him, igniting his power. The girl was thrown into the fiver by an unseen force. All eyes landed on Chuuya, Dazai staring at him for a few seconds before realizing who it was. Chuuya's blue eyes welled with tears, threatening to escape. He blinked a fea times before turning around and running away. The last thing he heard was "Chuuya, wait!" from Dazai as he rushed home.

He slammed the wooden door behind him and fell the floor with a thump. His heart had a strange aching and he wasn't sure to do. The tears began falling like a waterfall. He sat in this position for what seemed like an eternity before he stood up. He gained a sudden feeling of rage he couldn't hold in.

He grabbed each letter, one by one. He ripped them all and made sure to not even keep one. The strands of paper fell around him like rain onto the floor. He grabbed the last letter of the pile, sighing to himself. It the first one Dazai had sent when he'd first left the mafia. With a quick stroke of his fingers, the letter was ripped and fell with the rest of them.

He never recieved or wrote a letter again.