the name of the sin / au

(based off vocaloid)

There once was a boy called Chuuya. Though no one knows why, he caught the eye of the godess of Fate. Little did he know their meeting would forever leave him cast under her spell.
____________________________

Chuuya sobbed as the other boys kept throwing rocks at him. It had become a daily routine for him. The poor boy couldn't leave his home without being chased and harassed by harmful words and violence.

"You're a monster!"

"You don't belong here!"

"Who let out the freak?"

Over and over again he would hear these words. His bright red hair and blue eyes combined with his pale complexion and skinny figure made him different from the rest. Fate was sometimes cruel, and he so happened to meet her on an off day.

He couldn't blame them though; he knew he must look like a monster to them. With no siblings or parents he never had the comfort of having someone that loved him. Even so, he would soon meet a brunette that would forever change that, and defy Fate itself.
____________________________

One day, Chuuya decided to go to a field he knew lied past the village, away from the terrorizing children. Screams were heard behind him but he kept running, not looking back once. As he rushed, he accidently bumped into a tall brunette who was surprised by the hit.

He quickly turned around and sighed. The brunette was wearing a long, brown coat and his eyes were covered in plain white bandages. Chuuya wasn't sure if he should apologize or run before the boy realized how monstrous he was. The brown haired boy shook his head before turning to face Chuuya. Chuuya gulped before speaking to the book before him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to bother you." he said with slight hesitance. He soon began to realize the boy wasn't able to see,  due to him being dazed and having have to look around before finally facing the short redhead. Unbeknownst to Chuuya, a small smile began to tug at his lips. Maybe the boy would accept him since he couldnt see the real him.

"Oh, it's fine." the boy responded. "My name is Dazai."

"My name is Chuuya." he said to the brunette and his eyes seemed to sparkle. The happiness fell short as the past screams began to get closer, eventually reaching the duo and staring at the scene that had unfolded.

"How could you talk to a monster?"

"You're just as bad as him."

"Oh look, oh wait he can't!"

Laughs began to errupt amongst the crowd of children. Dazai clenched his slender fists and held in his urge to attack them. His heart ached at the sound of sobs that came from Chuuya, a boy he had barely met. He had no idea what could drive someone to treat someone like they were treating him.

"He's no monster!" he shouted out. Everything became silent and a few of the children began to back away. "You are the monsters! Don't do it again!"

They all looked at eachother before they all eventually ran off the other way. The brunette turned to the now soothed Chuuya and gave him a small smile. He outstretched a slender hand and easily pulled him up.

"Thank you..." Chuuya said with a slight blush tinting his cheeks. His heart pounded as their hands stayed intertwined, neither of them letting go. He let out a small chuckle and let go, the warmth now leaving his small hand.

Maybe Fate had left him a bit of hope.

As the days passed the duo began to spend more time together. They'd meet up in the place of their first meeting everyday. Chuuya had grown fond of the blind boy's presence and the days where they wouldn't meet up left his heart aching for his company.

The happier the duo got, the more interested Fate became. She was curious as to what Dazai would think if she gave him sight, if he saw what Chuuya looked like. She giggled in excitement as she began to work her magic and unravel Chuuya's world even more.

The next morning Dazai awoke with a strange tingling in his eyes. He was unsure of what the new sensation meant. He blinked a few times under his mask of bandages and gasped. He could faintly make out the white texture of the bandages on his face. He slowly unravelled them and watched as they fell from his face, revealing a bright world before him. He ran out his home to the meeting place, anxious to know what Chuuya looked like.

"Chuuya!" Dazai yelled as he got to the meeting place. His smile revealed a small smile and he embraced the shorter male. Chuuya gasped and backed away as he realized Dazai had seen him. He must look like a monster to him. The beauty wasn't meant to love the beast.

"Get away!" Chuuya yelled at the brunette and swung away his outstretched arm. He took a few steps back as tears threatened to drop. His last bit of hope shattered them. His heart was as fragile as glass; once shattered, it will always have cracks.

Dazai's eyes widened at his words. He threw his arms around the redhead and pet his head before leaning back to look him in the eyes. "Did you see that?" he asked. His brown eyes showed love for the redhead and Chuuya looked away. Fate hadn't fully cursed him.

And so the spell had been lifted...for now.