darkness my sorrow / angst

Soukoku, the most feared duo in Yokohama. They were infamous for the agency they'd taken out on their own. No one knows how they did it. Though they rarely spoke after Dazai had left the mafia, there were always special occasions. Today was one of those few times the duo was resurrected.

The suicide maniac and wine enthusiast had been partnered up once again. Their agencies had been reluctant to agree to the temporary seize fire. Even so, they weren't sure if there'd be any other way to confront their newest threat, Fyodor.

They had recently fought in another war. They had just won against the Guild. Their celebrations and joy had ended soon though. Just a few days after, Fyodor had appeared. His own agaency hadn't done much damage yet. The ADA and Port Mafia decided to act first with all they've got before he had a chance to make a move.

"I don't know why they partnered me up with you.", Chuuya said as he shook his head. The two were making their way to where Dazai believed their target would be. Their destination was a deserted ally near the harbor on the other side of town. The walk there wasn't enjoyable for either of them.

"Do you think I'm enjoying myself?", Dazai asked as he sighed. He wasn't in the mood for arguing, he wasn't in the mood for anything related to Chuuya for that matter.

The rest of the trip consisted of bickering and teasing. There wasn't a moment where one of them wasn't bothering the other. It was a surprise they even reached the ally before killing eachother.

"I don't think this is a very good idea.", Chuuya said. The back alley wasn't lit well and there were visible blood stains on the floor. He assumed they were from the recent attack the ADA's leader, Fukuzawa, had suffered. The gray walls and bleak look of the place gave him an off feeling.

"Trust me, he'll come here.", Dazai reasurred the shorter male. "My predictions usually aren't wrong." The brunette studied the past blood stains with a look of understanding. If Fukuzawa had been injured that easily, he wasn't sure how easy it would be to defeat their enemy.

"Why is there a box here?", Chuuya wondered as he looked around. A simple wooden box stood next to the left wall. When he opened it he found a white hat that was usually used for the cold.

"Ah, I should try it on.", Dazai said as he grabbed the hat from Chuuya's hands. He quickly put it on and faced his partner. "How do I look? Great, right?"

Before Chuuya could respond, the two heard footsteps approaching the alley. Chuuya ran to hide behind the box as Dazai stood near the entrance of the alley. If Dazai's predictions were correct and Fyodor were to show up, Chuuya would jump out and assist the taller male. Worst case scenario they both got injured or killed. That couldn't happen though, right?

"My hat?", a dark haired man questioned as he opened the box. Chuuya assumed he was the owner and he had returned to retrieve it.

"Are you looking for this?", Dazai asked as he faced the presumed owner of the hat. He waved at the black haired man and smiled. The man scoffed and furrowed his eyebrows at Dazai.

"So it's you.", Chuuya said as he stepped out from behind the box. He was pretty sure the man before him was the infamous Fyodor. Though he wasn't showing it, a bit of fear was making its way into his mind. Every part of him screamed to get away. In spite of that, he stood his ground next to his partner.

"Yeah, sure.", Fyodor responded to them both. The two detectives weren't aware of it but there was a sniper waiting nearby. He didn't really care which one of the two would leave this place shot, as long as two became one.

"I'll be nice and return it.", Dazai said with a bored voice as he tossed the hat back. "I know you're after the book. It's needed to exterminate all ability users. I assume that's what you're after."

"That's why you eliminated the agency leaders.", Chuuya said. His statement came out as more of a question as he wasn't sure of his conclusion.

"Very well. You see, the poison i gave them assures mutual destruction.", the black haired male began. "It won't destroy your agencies. You'll do it yourselves." His calm nature sent shivers down the duo's spines. The way he talked about destruction and death was eerily calm and collected. It was as if it was a normal thing for him.

"It'll slowly eat away at the two victims within a 48 hour period. If one of the victims were to die before that time period ended, the poison would lose its affect on the survivor.", Fyodor explained.

"So to save the director, we must kill the other host Mori.", Dazai muttered to himself. He looked down at Chuuya. There weren't any emotions visible on the shorter male's face. Nevertheless, he knew Chuuya would be thinking of all the possible outcomes.

"People are sinfully stupid", Fyodor began. "Someone must cleanse this. That's why I'm after the book. I'm sorry it had to come to this."

Time seemed to come to a halt. A single gunshot could be heard from behind the duo. Chuuya's eyes widened as he realized it was aimed at his partner, his friend, Dazai. His legs moved on their own and blocked the latter's back. He closed his eyes and waited for the pain.

"Chuuya! What'd you do?!", Dazai screamed as he held his limp friend in his arms. He began to get flashbacks from 4 years prior. The same thing had happened to his former friend Odasaku. Tears began rolling down his cheeks like a waterfall. He couldn't lose his last friend.

"I'm sorry Dazai", Chuuya said. He coughed several times before his voice allowed him to speak once again. "You're my darkness, my sorrow, and my reason to die."

"Don't say that. I was supposed to die to suicide first, you idiot!", Dazai said. Chuuya chuckled and smiled at Dazai one last time. His eyes slowly closed. The world seemed to end for Dazai.

The pool of blood increased in size every minute, but Dazai didn't mind. He affectionately stroked Chuuya's red locks and pulled a stray strand behind his ear. He swiftly picked up the smaller body and held it princess style. He brought Chuuya closer to his chest.

Double Black had now become mearly Solo Black.