the day / fluff

Chuuya sighed as he looked at himself in the mirror. He wasnt sure if he recognized the person standing before him. His red hair was tied in the back of his head and a white veil adorned the front of his face. He was wearing a matching white tux that brought out the blue color of his eyes.

A knock was heard from the door behind him causing the short male to turn around. "May I come in?", a soft female voice asked from the other side of the white door. Chuuya opened the door to be greeted by his sister of sorts, Kouyou. She was wearing a pale pink dress that complimented her pink hair.

"Im not sure if this was the right choice.", Chuuya told her. He still hadnt come to accept the fact that he was about to marry the suicide maniac he hated the most. Though he hated to admit it, his heart fluttered a bit at the thought.

"Of course it was the right choice", Kouyou reassured him as she did final touches to his hair. "You do love him, dont you?"

"I wouldnt say love, but I wouldnt call him bothersome either.", he admitted to her. He sighed and stood up from the chair, surprising her. He quickly fixed his tux and nodded to himself in the mirror before turning to face Kouyou. "I'll see you out there.", she told him. He quickly nodded and stepped out the room.

The hallway he stepped into was quiet, a sharp contrast to earlier when it hsd been bustling with attendees. Most of the guests had left to their seats and it seemed that Chuuya was the last one left. As he began to approach the double doors, he was able to make out the figure of Mori.

"Lets not make him wait any longer.", Mori told the shorter redhead next to him with a wink. Chuuya bashfully looked away and heat raised to his neck. He quickly nodded and hooked his arm
with Mori's.

Quiet piano music resonated through the building, signalling the two it was their time to start walking. They slowly made their way down the path and all eyes were on Chuuya. The attention made him
fumble a bit in his steps. His head was facing the floor the most of the walk. Near the end he built up the courage to look up and his gaze met with chocolate brown eyes. He blushed and tightened his grip on Mori's arm before letting go once reaching the altar.

Mori headed back to his seat next to Kouyou and nodded at the couple, as if he could see the nervousness yet happiness in their eyes. Dazai gently cupped Chuuya's smaller hands with his and gave him a quick smile. Hawthorne, their priest, coughed behind them and waited for the room to quiet before he began.

The vows quickly came and anticipation filled the audience and the couple. "Do you, Dazai Osamu, take Chuuya Nakahara as your husband?", Hawthorne asked the tall brunette.

"I do.", Dazai said, giving Chuuya's hands a small squeeze. Chuuya's eyes were filled with joy and he couldnt hold in the smile that spread across his face at Dazai's words.

"Do you, Chuuya Nakahara, take Dazai Osamu as your husband?", he asked once again, this time speaking to the shorter Chuuya. The room quieted and awaited his answer.

"I do.", he responded and dreamily looked into Dazai's eyes. He felt he could get lost in his chocolate colored eyes, as did Dazai with his blue eyes. Hawthorne nodded to himself before speaking the words everyone wanted to hear the most.

"You may now kiss the husband.", he told the duo. Dazai slowly leaned down to reach Chuuya and gently kissed his lover. Chuuya's arms wrapped around Dazai's neck and he felt himself get swooped up by Dazai's longer arms. The two broke apart and smiled at eachother before walking back down the aisle.

This was the day they both wouldnt ever forget.