War Torn Ch.9

Dakota's P.O.V.

Well..I'm screwed....Why did this today had to go by so fast?? I really don't want to serve this detention...of all detentions I've had..I'm for once anxious as hell for when I get home to that damn bitch I call my mother. Ugh...just a few more hours and you'll be outta here...I sigh deeply as I slam my locker shut, slinging my bookbag over my shoulder and walking down the now crowded hallway. I walk up to the main office door and walk up to a lady at the desk. I see her look up and give me a smile.pfft."Hi!" I roll my eyes slightly and hold the pink slip up and put it on the desk."Ya, hi. Here to serve a detention." I watch as she takes it, reads it and smiles again, pointing me towards a room."Alighty, you'll be serving it in that room, Ms.Justice." I nod and look up as I see Drew walk in. I smirk and grab the slip off the counter as he throws his onto it."Always a few seconds behind.."

I see him look up and stick his tongue out, watching his out grown Mohawk flop foward over his eye."That an issue?" I shake my head while rolling my eyes."Oh no mate. Just find it funny, thats all." I see him smirk and grab the slip after talking to the lady. We head into the room, which we were both assigned in, and sit in our assigned seats:me sitting in the very front with Drew sitting in the very back. I set my stuff down and flop into the plastic chair, crossing arms and blowing my bangs out of my face. I sit slouched in my chair until a few minutes later I feel something hit the back of me head. I turn my head to look at Drew and see him making himself comfy: legs up on the table and leaning back, sucking on a lollipop.

....what a smug little shithead he can be...

I roll my eyes with a small grin and shake my head, picking up the piece of paper and opening it up. I then look at it and read what it says.Soo, you going to that party tonight? I grab my pen and scribble onto it, responding to his question.Ya..if I don't get skinned alive first by my "mother".I turn and toss it back to him before the teacher comes in to check on us. He sees Drew all comfy and gives him a glare, trying to make him get his feet off. I giggle as he just smiles and waves. He just rolls his eyes and closes the door, leaving us alone for now.

Le-Time skip

Me and Drew walk out of the room after two interesting hours of detention with our bags slung over our shoulders. We tear our slips up and throw em out as we walk out the door and outside. We cut across the parking lot and street and walk home, for our houses are only 5-10 minutes away from the school We walk up the old sidewalk and chat about the party and my lovely mother having a shitstorm at me..which I pretty sure will be happening the minute I step in my house. I stop as Drew stops, saying goodbye to me and hopes to see me at the party. I smile and wave bye and trudge on home, super excited about my happy little reunion when I get home. After another 5 minutes of walking, I see my house and sigh. I walk up the driveway and up the stairs on my porch to my door. I grab the knob and pause briefly, swallowing hard.Well..here it goes... I take a deep breathe and walk inside and walk into the kitchen to see a sight I didn't want to see: My poor brother beat up and my mother having a pissed off look and glaring at me with her arms crossed.