War Torn Ch.6

The Next Day...

I slam my locker shut and walk down the halls of my high school to the lunch room where me and whatever friends I have hang out before the first class of the day. I walk by the rows of tables before finding my group's table way in the corner of the lunchroom, and flop down right next to my best friend, Misty."Oh, hey 'Kota, sup?" I sigh deeply and look at her after putting by book bag down next to me."Hell as usual.." I see her nod her head and sigh slightly and turn to me."What happened this time?" I take a deep breathe and turn to her and tell her about what happened last night with my mother and us going physical and crap."Ugh...that bitch...I can't believe she did that to you AGAIN!" I nod and pull the sleeves down of my black hoodie and just look down at the floor and sigh."C'mere, girl" I look up as she throws her arms out in a hug. I do a small smile and embrace her in a tight hug, with her hugging me back."It's OK, mama Misty's got ya!" I smile and giggle at this and part from the hug. I look at her and take a deep breathe.Well, here goes nothing I say mentally as I turn to her once more and poke her with my finger. She looks and looks up at me with a brow raised."What?" "OK...I need to ask you something important.." She scootches down and sits closer tl md, making a questionable look."What is it?" I look up at her and flip my hood down while running m hand through my bangs."Do you have any room at your house?" I see her brows furrow in confusion."Ya..why?" I Blink and take a deep breathe." I'm going to runaway from my house and I need somewhere to stay..." I see her take a deep breathe and look down at the floor, thinking about it for a moment before looking back at me."Alright...you can stay at my place" I smile slightly at her and nod" Thanks, mist. Just promise you won't tell my mum." I see her nod once. "Ya, I promise." "Thanks...I can't sand another day living in that hell hole..Hate to leave Nate there but at least she doesn't hit him..." I swing my legs around just as she nods in agreement." Hey, at least you'll be living with an awesome person!" I smirk at this and nod." Yaa..that's true! But not as awesome as me!" I see her give me a funny look and playfully punch me. I let out a small laugh just as the bell rings. We stand up and say our goodbyes before going to our classes.

At lunch time...

I walk through the hall to the lunch room once more today, now in a pissed off mood thanks to some jackarse giving me shit and calling me a worthless piece of shit. I walk up to my group's table and flop down with a huff, slamming my bag down and digging my face into my arms. I lift my head up and look shortly afterwards, feeling a tap on the shoulder from my friend, Drew."What." I say with a cold attitudeto him, making him look at me blankly."OK, who did what to you, Dakota?" I sigh annoyed and look up at him with narrowed eyes." Oh nothing, just some jackarses giving me shit!" I'm fed up with this place!" I then hear some laughing and squeaking of sneakers walk towards us after I say that. We all look up to see the same boys who were giving me issues stroll on up to us like they own the place. I growl in frustration and feel drew put his hand on my shoulder." I'll handle this..just stay calm, Kota." Before I can say anything he walks on up to the boys who stop in front of our table and smirk."Well, well, well. If it ain't the circus freaks!" I look up and glare at them, giving them the finger before sitting up and doing a hair flip with my bangs."What the hell do you want you assholes?" I hear Drew say in a cold, harsh manner to them."Heh, we want the chick right there! We have a score to make with her." "Well, you can go fuck off 'cause I ain't moving." I see the guy grit his teeth and smirk before walking around Drew and slamming his hands onto the table, making me flinch."Jumpy, aren't we? You scared?" I glare at him and just sit where I am."Now why the hell would I be of some weak man whores?" I can hear my friends snicker while seeing the guy glare at me before grabbing my arm and practically throwing me out of my seat. I almost fall over and turn around before being grabbed on the shoulders and being slammed into the wall forcefully. I grunt as I make contact with it and glare at the boy in front of me."You smart little ass...I'll show you what happens when say that kind of shit to me.." I watch as he pulls his arm back and then spring forward towards me.