War Torn Ch.4

3 Days Later...

I put on my black shirt and skirt along with my black shoes and look at myself in the mirror. I stare blankly into the mirror, looking at the sad, beat up girl staring back at her from the mirror. I sigh deeply and trudge out of my room and into the living room where Nate is sitting on the couch. I flop down next to him and look down at the floor. I see Nate turn his head to me and then at the floor, hands clasped together alittle."I can't believe this...I wish this wasn't real.." I nod slowly and blink, feeling my eyes droop alittle, for I barely got any sleep last night. I then clasp my hands together and wait for our mother to get done with her procedure of getting ready. 5 peaceful minutes go by until our mother comes down in a black and white dress that comes up above her knees; and wearing black high heels; and a black necklace. We both sigh deeply and stand up, walking towards our mother before she starts yelling at us to get off our lazy butts and to get in the car. We trudge downstairs, out the door, go into her blue Ford and sit in the back. We buckle up as our mother pulls out and drives to the cemetary our father is getting buried in. Me and Nate stare out the window, looking up at the water all over the windows and up at the gray, gloomy sky. I slowly close my eyes and drift into a nice slumber, leaning on the seat of the car and breathing steadily.

After 20 minutes, I lift my eye lids as our mother comes to a abrupt stop and turns the engine off. I yawn and look up at my surroundings, noticing the graveyard and our family walking into it. I yawn and stretch before unbuckling myself from my seat and getting out the car with mum and Nate. I fix my outfit and we walk in to attend the funeral. We walk up to the grave daddy is getting buried in and feel my eyes get round once the funeral starts. I then watch him get lowered by a few marines after one of them plays a pretty yet sad sounding song on the trumpet. I quietly start crying and watch as he is lowered into the grave and then buried. I look down at the flowers I have in my hands and feel the rain drizzle onto my skin and onto the flowers. feel my tears slip down my face and shiver, feeling a chill go up my spine and feel my hair, thats slightly messy, blow in the breeze. I sigh and watch them finish after 10 minutes of burying the grave. I hear as they end the funeral and watch everyone go back to their cars. I look at the grave for a moment, and then walk up to it with my flowers still in hand. I stand infront of the stone and sniffle, tears still falling. I look over my shoulder to see Nate walk up next to me and look at the tombstone to. I turn to him and give him half my flowers before turning back and placing them on the grave. I still hold a flower and kiss it before placing it with the other flowers. Nate does the same and we both stand back up, looking at it once more. "Rest in peace daddy...We love you..""Ya..we'll miss you...." I nod, listening to Nate add that in. We then feel another shiver up our spines and we shiver, despite the point that its only 73 degrees.We shrug and quickly catch back up with our mother before she yells at us for making her wait.

20 more minutes later, We pull up into our driveway and, once more, stop abruptly before hearing the engine turn off. We walk out of the car and head inside quickly, for it was starting to downpour like mad outside. I take off my shoes and my coat and place it in the closet in the mud room where we keep our shoes and coats. I then trudge upstairs and put on my pjs, getting comfy and what not and tired from attending the 4 hour funeral. I then walk over to my bed and flop onto it, faceplanting my blankets. I look up and see my dad's dogtag resting on my desk. I blink and reach out,firmly gripping it and lifting it towards me. I sit up and examine the tag more closely. I read on his tag his name, blood type, religion, and some random numbers on his tag, which I have no clue what its for. I blink and look at it alittle more and place it back on my desk. I pull my covers back and snuggle in under the warm sheets as I put my head on my pillow. I let out a depressed huff and look out the window before slowly closing my eyes and drifting off to sleep.