War Torn Ch.5

Present Day

I walk down the old pavment sidewalk I have always walked on for the past 5 years that leads to my dandy little home on this street. I text away on my little phone and adjust my black, book bag as I walk up the driveway that leads to my house. I look up and put my phone away in my pocket as I walk up the narrow sidewalk that leads to the stairs of my front porch. I walk up the stairs and grab onto the knob, but jump as I hear my mother scream and slam something. I sigh deeply and open the door and walk inside. I walk through the kitchen and see my mother busted our home phone. I scoff and shake my head as I walk up to my bedroom, book bag still slung over my shoulder. I open my bedroom door and walk in, dropping my bag onto the floor with a thump and jumping onto my bed. I sigh deeply and pull my Ipod out, jamming to some rock music. I have my head resting on my hand and look down at the floor for a good five minutes before looking up and out the window, staring at the blue sky along with the fluffy clouds floating in it. I take a deep breathe and look down at my desk, looking at a photo frame that sits nicely on top of it. I lean foward and grab the frame before sitting up and looking at it. I look down at the picture of me when I was 7 and the family standing around me in a group picture. I look at the frame and look at my father standing happily behind me and Nate, rubbing our heads with a toothpick in his mouth. I smirk a little and start to think about the good times we had before he enlisted and passed."DAKOTA! GET YOUR SORRY ARSE DOWN HERE!" I take a deep breathe and sigh deeply in annoyance and frustration and place the frame down on the desk before pausing my Ipod and taking my headphones out."YA, Ya I'm coming!" I trudge out of my room and downstairs to where my "lovely" mother is. I stop in front of the chair she is sitting in and just look at her with a I-really-don't-want-to-do-this- face. She looks up from her book and sets it aside before standing up and getting close to my face, holding a piece of paper up."What the bloody hell is this, Kota?" I groan slighlty and just look at her, doing a hair flip with my black, red streaked bangs."Its a detention slip, mum." I watch as she steps back slightly and see her expression change to a pissed off face."HOW THE HELL DID YOU GET ANOTHER DETENTION!? Are you THAT retarded or something?! We JUST had a discussion about YOU NOT GETTING ANYMORE!!" I stand there with my hand on my hip and glare at her while I barely flinch from her screaming."I punched a girl for bitching at me, mum. Plus, she and her friends ganged up on me. So I had every right to defend myself!" "THAT STILL DOESN'T GIVE YOU AN EXCUSE TO BEAT THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF PEOPLE YOU RETARD!" I roll my eyes and cock my head to the side. "Mum, shut the fuck up. I'm not a retard unlike you and I was also ganged up on! So of course I was allowed to beat the crap outta them!" My mother walks up to me and slaps me across the face hard. " WATCH YOUR MOUTH!" I glare at my mother before flicking her off. She then grabs the collar of my shirt and lifts me up. I quickly knee her in the gut and we both get physical with each other. I gripped onto her top and threw her onto the floor, but she pulls me down with her and slams her foot into my gut, making me gag and cough. I try to block the next fluster of punches, but barely block em and get punched in the face a few times. I grab her and forcefully kick her off in the gut and send her flying. I get back on my feet and hold my gut, which is hurting like hell and watch her sit up and stand up. She wiped her mouth and watch her stomp over to me. She goes to grab me and i push her away but she grabs my hair and pulls me up against the wall again with force. I yelp and kick her, making her let go of my hair. She then grabs the scruff of my black hoodie and slams me against the wall. I yelp and grab her arm, now having my in a choke postiton." HOW DARE YOU DISRESPECT ME AND THEN ASSAULT YOUR OWN MOTHER!" I get smacked in the face hard and glare at her, glaring at her and still holding onto her arm as she grips onto my neck harder."You better knock this shit off or I'll knock it off myself like I just did, but 10X harder you little shithead..." She throws me onto the floor and I land on my side. I hold onto my gut and cough, gasping for air. I watch as she smiles evil like and walks off, satisfied on what she has done. I can feel my eyes well up and up push myself up and go to my room. I walk in and sit on my bed and throw my book bag across the room with force, making it slam into the wall with a boom. I flop down onto my bed and pull my knees up and rest my head in my arms which lay ontop of my knees. I begin to cry a little and stay like that for ten minutes, but then go to sleep. I wake up an hour later and lift my head up slowly and look around. I sit up and wipe my eyes of whatever tears i have left on my face. I sniff before taking a deep breathe and look down at my desk. I lean forward and open my drawer, grabbing a box and sit up before opening it. I reach inside of it and pull out an all too familiar dog tag. I have it rest in my hand and I look down a it, examining it once more. I let out a sigh, facing the fact that the brawls that i keep having with my mum has gotten worse over the course of two years. I look at the sky for a minute, and back at the dog tag as I feel a shiver up my spine, an all to familiar feeling."I can't take this anymore..." and with that, I got up, grabbed my duffel bag and started packing my clothes and belongings I could carry.