War Torn Ch.8

I watch as he shakes his head and sighs deeply and looks up at us again."What..am I going to do with you ruffians..? I can't have you guys beating the living crap out of our students..." I slouch in the chair and listen to him blabber on and on how we will have issues in our lives due to us being in frequent fights and beating people up is wrong and crap. I sigh after he says how we might not be able to get jobs since it will show in our permanent records. I sit up and cross my leg over the other, arms still crossed. I sit up and give the principle a serious look. "Ya well either transfer me to a new school or tell the dumbasses to fuck off.." "Hey! Watch your language young lady!" I let out a huff and roll my eyes before sitting back in my seat. I look at Mr. Zanderson, the teacher who dragged us here and growl slightly. He glares at me and I turn around, looking down and rubbing my bruised cheek which my lovely mother gave me last night. I sit there for another five minutes, now feeling sore and in pain from my fight last night and today's fight. I still rub my cheek, but wince in pain and fold my arms again, waiting for Mr.Ken to finish talking.I see him look at me concerned and raise a brow at me."You alright, Ms.Justice?" I quickly nod and stop rubbing my cheek."Ya, I'm fine.." I see him look at my cheek."How did you get that bruise?"I blinked and quickly tried to think on what to see and said "I got it from my last fight." He just looks at me for a moment before slowly nodding and letting out a faint "alright." After a few minutes of silence and him writing stuff go by, he looks back up at us and says"Alright, You two will have Detentions after school today. Be there or I will suspend you" My heart sinks and I tense up when those words escape his lips. I swallow hard and look at Drew, who notices my reaction. He looks at me with a worried expression and back at the principle, who is now suspicious."..Is there an issue..?" I tense up more and shake my head."No, there isn't an issue." He nods his head slowly and fills out our detention slips before handing them to us." Don't be late. Have a good day you two." We nod and walk out of his office, pink slips in hands. I sigh deeply and look down as we head to our classes. Drew looks over to me and puts his hand on my shoulder."Don't worry, Koda...Just a few more hours and you'll be fine...Just stay calm." I look up at him and smile with a nod."Aye..I'll try..Thanks Drew." He smirks and pulls me into a hug."I'm right here if you ever need a shoulder or an extra fighter." I smile and hug him back tight, digging my face into his shoulder."Thanks Drew...Your an awesome friend." I feel him hug me tightly and smirk."No problem. You've been through too much..And im just doing my job as a friend.." I can feel myself well up and bury my face deeper into his shoulder, hugging him more tightly. We then part after a few minutes and wipe my eyes from the few tears I had in my eyes. He then smiles at me and we walk back to our class.