5 | Daniel

Wow. Natasha's mom is...Dead ? It makes me feel weird. Her mom was the one that held their family together, I remember now. What happened? When ? How ? I want to ask more. I want to know everything about Natasha. The fact that she is different, new, pulls me closer.  I so desperately want more. But I can't. The way she's turned away from me, her eyes looking out the window says things she doesn't tell me.

"We will be landing in ten minutes. Please buckle your seatbelts." The stewardess annonces. I'll have to be fast if I want to pull something out of her.

- So, um... Do you have anything planned ? Because if not, we could do something.

It's almost 10 o'clock p.m., I hope she won't get it wrong. I'm just trying to not lose her again. She looks at me with a I-hope-you're-not-thinking-what-I-think-you're-thinking look, and I give her my most innocent smile. This makes her laugh. Her laugh is like a miracle. Natasha's isn't someone who laughs often. You can see right away that she is a serious person. So when she laughs...

- That'd be nice...
- But ?
- I'm meeting my...uh...friend.
- Friend ?
- Yes.
- Girlfriend?
- No, boy friend.
- Boyfriend ? I thought you said...
- Yes, yes ! No ! I mean... He's a boy. This friend's a boy.
- Oh... Okay. Well, we'll keep in touch ?
- Yes, absolutely.

There's a silence. I hate it. I hate that we don't communicate like before. We aren't like this. We're not shy teenagers, we're lovers, for God's sake ! Well, we used to be. Now we'll have to start all over again. And we won't be able to do that until I know the truth about this "friend".
The plane lands. Natasha gives her number to the stewardess. Apparently, she saved her life and wants Natasha to tell her when she needs something in return.
At the airport, after picking up our luggage, Natasha hails a taxi and climbs in it. I couldn't hear the address. Before she leaves, I give her a piece of paper so that she can write her number on it. But she thinks I've written mine on it and doesn't even look at it as she stuffs it in her bag. Weird. As the taxi slowly drives away, I can't help but think that I'm about to lose my one true love. Again.
And I won't let that happen.

I hail a taxi and point at Natasha's car :

- Follow that taxi, I order the driver.

____

The real stuff is about to start ! I'm so excited 😆.
Thank you for reading ! (I mean, really. Without you I wouldn't be writing at all. I'd be... Watching TV.
Hm... That's not bad. Maybe I'll do that.)

Don't forget to vote or comment (or both), it's what encourages the most (and you know that !) !!!!!

-L