Chapter 16

The next morning I woke up basically trapped in Clark's arms. I didn't mind though. After all the hell we went through maybe a little cuddling was in order. I unplugged my phone and began scrolling through my twitter feed. Superman was all over the feed. I smiled lightly to myself. I turn to Clark. His eyes fluttering and his chest moving in rhythm. It was nice to see him calm. Not so tense. His bare arms relaxed around me. I locked my phone and stroked his arms lightly. Unfortunately that subtle movement woke him up. He moaned lightly as his eyes fluttered open. Those beautiful blue spheres of light that send my heart into a frenzy. His mouth twitched up into a smile.

"Good morning sleepy head." I say playfully.

"Morning. What time is it?" He asks.

"We aren't going to work today we are staying home and resting. Perry's idea not mine. He texted me and said we have the day off. So we have the whole day to ourselves." I say happily.

Clark sat up and pulled the blankets off both of us revealing his beautifully toned body. And my manageable one. Clark loved my body but eh...I guess it could be worse. I hopped out of bed and pulled on an old shirt of Clark's. He got up and began getting dressed.

"Hey babe? I don't feel like cooking and I doubt you do so why not we just go out for breakfast?" I suggest.

"Anything you like. Where do you want to go?" Asks Clark.

"Um...IHop..I haven't been there in a dogs age!" I say.

"Very well. IHop it is." Says Clark.

He reemerges from the closet now fully clothed and yet he still manages to take my breath away. Just his softened stance whenever he's around me. And his gentle eyes that always show compassion.

"Let me take a shower and get dressed properly then we can go." I say.

"Sure." Says Clark. He smiles and kisses my forehead before disappearing into the living room.

I smile and quickly jump in the shower. I rinse my hair out and roughly wash myself. Afterwards I pick out a pair of ripped shorts and a bando to go with a shirt that I got in L.A. I throw my outfit on and apply some makeup. Clark comes in as I am finishing up and wraps his hands around my waist. His soft warm touch sends butterflies to my stomach.

"You don't need that." He says quietly.

"Mhmmm says you. But what about the rest of the world? I don't think they want me walking around like a troll." I say finishing up the last bit of mascara and turning around so I'm facing Clark.

"Troll? No try...beautiful." he says kissing my forehead.

"Lovely." another kiss only on my cheek.

"And all mine." He says finally planting a gentle kiss on my lips.

"Your not too bad yourself!" I say running out from between his arms and laughing.

Clark throws his hands up. I laugh and run into the living room. Of course dumb me forgot...super speed. By the time I'm in the living room he's there. So I end up running right into him.

"You know most couples chase each other without super powers!" I scold.

"Are we 'Most couples'?" Clark smirks.

"No I suppose not." I say.

He bends down and kisses my cheek.

With the two of us ready to leave we head out for our breakfast. Clark pulls on his glasses and opens the door for me. I smile at him and walk out. Clark trails behind me. We walk hand in hand down to the stairs to the car. He held my hand firmly but with a certain tenderness. As if he was going to break me but no one would take me from him ever again. I felt safe with him.