Chapter 15

Hailey's POV

After a long helicopter ride we finally arrived back in metropolis. I had fallen asleep in Clark's lap. Gently, he shook me back into consciousness. My eyes perked open to see Clark. His gentle calming blue eyes staring at me the way he used to. The way I love.

"Good morning." Said Clark gently.

I smile weakly and wave. Clark leans down and presses his lips to my forehead. I close my eyes and grin. His soft lips part from my skin. I sit up so I am resting on his shoulder. I place a hand in his chest.

"Your back." I whisper.

"What?" Clark's questions.

"Before...when your weren't well...you. I could tell. And I missed you." I say.

"Oh Hailey. I missed you too. I tried so hard to get you to hear me. It was so frustrating." says Clark looking up.

"Well your back. And that's what matters." I say.

Clark flashes me a beautiful smile. He leans down and our lips meet in a beautiful symphony of love. His soft lips gentle. Not rough. His hand on the side of my face steadying me. I lace my fingers through his lose curls. A rough cough interputs us. Lois. 

"If you two are done I kinda wanna go home." She said. Her arms folded across her chest. I feel my cheeks flush red. Clark laughs sheepishly. 

*********

After a long day we fianlly make it back to Clark's apparpment. I lay on his couch curled into a ball. My hair in disarray all around me. I can hear Clark fixing coffee in the kitchen for me. My eyes droop shut and I pull a blanket over my body. After spending all day in an ice fortress you get chilly. I curl myself into a ball and snuggle in close to the pillow. The right side of the couch deepens. Clark's gentle touch appears on my leg. My smile lightly and open my eyes. He is looking at me with a worried look. 

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"When I was infected..I didn't...hurt you did I?" He asks timidly. 

I sit up and wrap the blanket over one of his shoulders and place my head in the crook of his neck. He leans his head on mine. 

"Not exactly." You say. 

Clark's head pops up and he faces me.

"What does that mean?" He asks raising an eyebrow. 

"Well you didn't hurt me physically...but you did try to...get me...in bed." I say awkawardly. 

Clark's face flushes red and he burries his face in his hands. I rub his back in an attempt to sooth him. 

"Don't fret about it! You weren't yourself. Those things had control of you. It's not like you could have stopped it." I say.

Clark sends me a weak smile before getting up and checking on the coffee. I feel awful for the guy. I shouldn't have told him anything. It really wasn't his fault! I get up from the couch letting the blanket fall off my body. I walk over to Clark who is pouring the coffee into two cups. I wrap my arms around his waist and lean into his back. 

"I'm not mad." I say softly. 

"I know...I just feel awful that I...they did that!" He says. I can feel the muscles in his back tensing up. 

I pull away and sit down at the table across from Clark. We both sip our coffee in silence. I can see the pain in his eyes at the mere thought of trying to do that to me. While I hated that look it also made me happy that the old Clark was back. The one who was constantly worried about hurting me. Or anyone around him for that matter. I always find it amazing that he has all these amazing powers, yet, he tries his best not to hurt anyone. That's one of the many reasons I love him. 

After we finished our coffee we decided it best to go to sleep. Neither one of us felt like driving me to my aparpment so I borrowed an old t-shirt of Clark's as tempoary pajamas. It was grey and practically swallowed me. The word Royals was written across the front in light blue lettering. I grin and run my fingers through my hair. I join Clark in his bed. He had on a pair of old sweats. No shirt. I sigh and wrap my arm around his torso. He holds me close as if to protect me from the outside world. I smile and snuggle closer. Both of our eyelids droop and we eventually fall alseep to the sound of the other person breathing.