Chapter 13

Lois and I ran down the stairs of my aparpment to her car. I was in a daze. No clue as to what was going on or what was happening! All I knew...We had to save Clark. Those things in his head could kill him. Well not literally kill him but, it could kill the person he was. Sweet, caring, sensitve...passionate. A sense a good. Not very many people are like that these days. I longed to be like him. He always seemed calm and collected. How did he do that? How did he ever manage to have love for everyone in this world. It even felt like he had a love for Lex. Yes even Lex the manic who poisned him with Green Kryptonite and Red. Even after Lex almost killing him...he still showed compassion. How do I know this? Lex is still alive. If Clark didn't care for Lex he wouldn't be alive. I don't think I could ever do that. If I had Clark's power Lex would have been long gone by now.

"Hailey?" Says Lois interputing my thoughts.

"Sorry...what's up?" I say snapping back to reality.

"It is going to take us a while to get to the fortress..." I cut her off

"Fortess?"

"Yes The Fortress of Solitude. Clark goes there when he is angry or upset or if he need to talk to his biological father Jor- El." Explains Lois.

"Oh...So where is it?" I ask.

"I was just getting to that. It's in the Artic so we can't simply drive there. Lucky for me my Private jet will fly me anywhere anytime no questions asked. I will call my piolt soon and tell him to get the plane ready." says Lois.

"A private jet? You can go anywhere? No questions asked?" I say cocking an eyebrow.

"Yup." Says Lois popping the 'P'.

"How convient" I say under my breath.

Lois must have heard that because she glared at me for a good 5 seconds before slowly turning her attention back to the road. I made sure to stay weary around Lois for the rest of the drive.

Clark's POV *42 hours later*

My head ached. These demons were literally killing me. I grabbed my temples and pushed. I have tried everthing. Even down to begging. They won't leave. I could feel my essence begin to cave! But I could not let that happen. I pushed my temples harder.

"Get out of my head!" I scream.

"Why Kal? You are so powerful! We crave your power? Why should you not rule over the humans? You are more powerful!" The voices taunted.

"They are innocent people! You can't kill them!" I scream. They didn't listen. They simply laughed. The laughter mocked me and sent shivers through my spine. I held my head never letting go because I knew if I did I would crumble to my knees. And the last thing I needed was for these...things to see me weak!

At this point I wished Hailey were here with me. Or Lois...ANYONE!!!

The pain in my head would not stop! The voices openly mocked me each and every second of the day. I have tried everything to get them out. Then I thought of something I haven't before...

"So you guys like power?" I say

"Yes Kal! Why? Do you know where we can get it?" They ask.

"Of course I do! I will show you but you need to give me control of my body again only I know where the source of power is." I say.

"Very well but... We keep your voice!" They say. Well that would put a slight setback on my plan but nothing too disastrous.

A light feeling rushes over me. I move my left hand. Not the voices...me. I move towards the door of the fortress. The shadows creeped along with me. I maneuvered my way through the tight corners and secret passage ways. Finally I reached the front door.

"What is this?" asks one of the voices.

"Patience...your power will come." I say lowly.

In the distance I can see Lois's private jet. She is almost here. Good. I float towards the jet but as I get closer my body become 80 pounds heavier. Kryptonite! I had to figure out a way to tell Lois that I had control. But the demons had my voice...literally...

Hailey's POV

Is that Clark? It is! I tap Lois on the shoulder. Moshe turns to me her bright blue eyes appeared even lighter in the snowy region. I point out the window at the figure with a blue suit.

"I see him!" I say.

Lois looks and nods her head. She quickly puts the Kryptonite in a lead bag and we begin our descent.

When we land Clark is waiting for us. His arms folded across his chest. He does not say a word he motions for us to come into the fortress. We follow him cautiously. I look down at the bag sand back at Lois. She nods get head as if to assure me this will work.

"You have a power that Kal has told us you possess. Hand it over and no one will be hurt. We will let Kal go.." Says Clark.

Lois slowly unzips the bag and begins to pull out a piece. Clark stumbles but does not fall. Lois pulls out the full rock exposing Clark to the poison. He crumbles to his knees in pain...

TO BE CONTINUED