Chapter 3

The next day at work it was difficult for me to write the article about Superman because I was too foucsed on last night! Lois tried telling me that it was completly normal and that she even went through the same thing but I just couldn't shake the feeling. I felt like maybe in some way or another...we had something. During the day I would perodically check the news to see if there were any devloping stories. Nothing. Kind of odd though I was just sitting there waiting for a crime to happen. So I could see him again. Maybe even get a bit more out of him. Perry had Clark and I go on assignment to Lex Corp. They were relesing a new product that was supposed to make lives eaiser for citizens. It was a robot that helped with house work. And it had a new life long energy source. Clark calls for a cab and we head off to the press conference.

When we arrive I sense that Clark is a little uneasy. I'm not sure why. I have heard stories about Lex and he seems great. Well manored, kind, and a gentleman.

"Are you okay there?" I ask.

"What? Oh yeah. I'm just not crazy about Lex." Clark says looking around the confrence room.

"It's okay. He dosen't seem so bad." I say putting a hand on his shoulder. He tenses. "Clam down Clark." I say. He relaxes his shoulder and looks at me. 

"If he talks to you just be careful" He warns. I nod. 

About 5 minuts later Lex comes out and begins the confrence. He wore a nice suit and his hair was curly and brown. His eyes were a bright green and had determination in them. They were alot harsher than Clark's. Clark's were soft and gentle. They were inviting. Lex's were closed off.

The robot he was unveling looked very sheek and seemed to function properly. It helped with housework and even handling childern. I stood there dumbfounded. 

"And now ladies and gentlemen...I will show you it's powersource." Says Lex.

"Hailey I have to go to the bathroom can you take over?" Clark asks. 

"Sure." I say. He pats my shoulder and leaves.

I turn back to Lex. He unlocks the Robots chest and a green glowing rock appears.

"I discovered this about 2 months ago while on a trip to Dubai. I had my scietists look at it and it is 100% safe for humans. no radaition whatsoever." He says. "And all you have to do to turn off you Lex-Bot is pull the rock out." He says. And with that he pulled the rock out of the Bots chest and it powered down. " And I am pretty sure it's common sense how to turn it back on." The room chuckled. He put the rock back in the bots chest and it turned on again. He closed the chest on the robot and told it to wait for him in his office. The Bot promptly left the room.

"if you have any questions I will gladly take them now." Said Lex. Before I could raise my hand people started firing questions at him about posion in the rock and other junk like that. Suddenly one voice towered over the rest.

"what if the Bots malfunction?"

I turn around to see Clark standing behind me.

"Oh Mr. Kent glad you could make it. Well you see we here a Lex Corp put alot of effort into what we do. I can personally gaurentee this Bot will not cause any problems." Said Lex. The room erupted into cheers and claps.

"No more questions. If you will all follow me into the dining hall we have refreshments." Said Lex pointing to a hallway. Clark and I followed the crowd. When we reach the dining hall I decied to mingle with some of the reporters. As I am talking to a lady from the Daily Star i feel a tap on my shoulder. I turn around and there is Lex.

"You are a new face. I don't believe we have met. Lex Luthor." He says shaking my hand.

"Hailey Conners Daily Planet. How do you do Mr. Luthor?" I ask.

"Oh please call me Lex." He says.

"Okay Lex." I say.

"So are you new to Metropolis?" He asks.

 "Yes I moved here a few weeks ago." I say.

"Well then on behalf of everyone here at Lex Corp Welcome to Metropolis." He says handing me a drink. I clink glasses with him and drink the wine. I am not much of a drinker but hey it was high class wine might as well enjoy it. 

"Hello Hailey." came Clark's voice.

"Hi Clark." I say.

"Mr. Kent glad you could come. Did you enjoy my presentation." Asks Lex shaking hands with Clark.

"Uh...Yes very impressive Lex." says Clark. I could tell he didn't mean what he said.

"well I'm going to go chat with some of the others. Thank you for coming. And it was a pleasure meeting you Hailey." He says gently kissing my cheek.

I turn to Clark who did not look happy. "What?" I ask.

"Didn't I tell you not to talk to him?" He says.

"Okay one: You said be careful. Two: He came up and talked to me and Three: What is your issue with Lex? He seems like a great guy!" I protest. "I'm not seven years old Clark." I say. and with that I walk out in a huff. Not even Superman could make me smile right now...

A/N Hello readers! I hope you liked this chapter! please vote it up and I'm sorry if it's short. Superman wasn't in it I know...Don't kill me! I wanted to establish the villan and where Clark and Hailey's relashionship stood as of now. Like the mysterious green rock...okay we all know what it was. XD I hope you guys have a great day!!!!! I will try to post ASAP 

~Echo S. <3