Chapter 11

The city seemed to gasp in horror. I hold my breath and wait for Clark to return. I suvey the skies but sometimes he is so fast not even I can keep track of where he went. I pull myself onto the ledge of the balcony and sit. The cool spring air whips through my hair. I wait for 5 minutes then 10, 20, 30 ,40 ,50 an hour. By now the skies were dark. I look down over the city. robot peices were scattred everywhere. Some had even constructed a giant bonfire to help citizens burn the evil bots. Clark still wasnt back. That does it! I think. I hop off the ledge and run to my room. I grab a jacket and my notebook as well as a pen. You never know when your going to need it. I run to my door grab my car keys and dash out the building. I put the car keys in the ignition and turn the car on. I pull out onto the street and as quickly as I can make my way down to Lex Corp. If Clark was in danger he would most likely be with Lex. The drive felt like hours. But I finally reach the gate. One of the security men approaches me. 

"excuse me miss. But office hours are over." He says sternly. 

Without another word I swiftly punch him in the jaw and kick the other guy in the gut. He goes flying and hits a wall. His body lays unconcius on the ground. I pull his keys out and unlock the gate. Slowly I make my way to the door. I take a deep breath. I open the door and run into the building. Upstairs. Downstairs. In offices, cubicles, closets, bathrooms. Clark is no where. I freak out. I reach for my phone and dial Clarks number. It rings 3 times before someone picks up. 

"Hello?" Came Clarks voice.

Clark Oh my God! Where are you" I ask.

"I'm in Lex Corp. where are you?" He asks. 

"In Lex Corp." I say slowly. 

"Okay stay where youu are. I'm coming!" He says.

I sit down on the floor. and wait...

Clark's POV

I hang up the phone and scan the office. She's on the 3rd floor office. Quickly I take off. Taking every short cut I know to get to her. Soon enough I'm there. 

"Hailey." I say soflty.

She gets up and turns around. "Clark!" She cries and runs into my arms. I pull her into a strong embrace. I gently rub her back. I can feel her breath on my neck. I rest my head in the crook of her neck. She cries softly into my chest. we pull away.

"Don't cry." I say gently brushing away one of her tears. She nods and wipes her eyes.

"I...I thought I lost you." Said Hailey.

"You know you just might!" Comes a low voice.

I whirl around throwing my arm in front of Hailey's body shielding her from whatever danger is to come. I can't see anything. Not even with X-ray vision. 

'Go...RUN!" I command at Hailey. she nods and takes off. 

"Okay Lex...Where are you?" I say.

A low laugh emerges from the shadows. In a flash pain surges through my body. I didn't understand. I had on Hailey's suit! The peircing pain in my back grew stronger. The sharp object was pulled from my back and I was pushed to the ground. I gasp for air. it seemed like the world was going black. This didn't feel like green Kryptonite. But that was the only kind....right?

Suddenly the pain in my back disappers. I slowly stand up. I feel....diffrent...empowered. I had all these superpowers and what I didn't own the world? Hm? I must be doing something wrong. My phone rang, The screen read Hailey Conners. I anwser. 

"Clark?" came a soft female voice.

"What?" I snap.

"I'm out front...are you okay?" She asks.

"Oh yeah...I'm better than okay." I say. And with that I crush my phone in my hands and take off to the skies! The wind in my hair. I soar over thousands of people knowing i am all powerful. I can hear multiple of them crying out the name "Superman" I smile. Geez I may as well own these guys. They practically worship me.I fly for a good 20 minutes before I get bored and head to Hailey's house.

"Hailey..." I say.

"Clark!" She says running at me giving me a hug. "Are you okay? Did lex hurt you?"

"No I'm fine babe." I say slyly.

"babe?" She asks raisng an eyebrow.

"Yeah. Your my girl right?" I ask dipping her in a tango like fashion.

"Clark??" She say bewildered. 

"Come on lets go to your bedroom I'll show you why they call me Superman..." I say. 

Hailey's POV

I push clark off of me. What has gotten into him? Then I see something in his eyes that I hadent before. A red glime. 

"Clark..." I start

Hey guys! God this chapter took for freaking ever!!! Sorry I was in a play at school and then some family issues happened so I wasnt able to work on it and I feel so bad. 

~Echo S.