Chapter 5

The next day at work I am almost reluctant to go because one I have to face Clark and two Superman hasent been seen scince he took off last night...I was starting to worry. When he said Lex there was almost an urgency in his voice. I walk into level 3 and I am greeted by Jimmy.

"Hi Hailey. How did the interview with Superman go?" He asks. I open my mouth to say something when Lois interupts me.

"You got an interview with him???" She asks.

I nod.

"How???" She asks agin frantically.

"...I asked..." I say in the nicest way possible I really wasn't in the mood to chat. Lois just stood there in awe. Soon enough though she walked away. I turn to my computer and begin typing up my interview with Superman. I am almost finished when I feel someone behind me.

"Hailey...Can I talk to you?" I hear. I spin around. Oh great you... I think to myself. There was Clark. However he seemed off. Like tired or run-down. Maybe jet-lag. I don't know. I nod and get up. We walk over to the coffee machine where nobody was suprisgingly and he looks around. 

"Hailey...Were you with Lex last night?" He asks.

"Oh Not this again! Clark..." He cuts me off.

"Anwser the question Hailey I need to know." He says assertivaly.

"Ug fine yes! Why do you care." I ask,

"Look I understand you are a grown woman and you can make your own decisions but you need to stay away from Lex. Do you understand me?" He asks.

I roll my eyes. But then I see his. Behind his glasses his big blue pleading eyes. They are almost begging me not to go near Lex. I don't get why Clark hates this guy so freaking much! I let out a breath and close my eyes.

"Fine. But just know we have a habit of running into one another." I say.

"Thank you." He says. He pulls me into a hug. Well it wasn't really a hug more like he collapsed into me almost knocking me down.

"Woah Clark." I say. No response. "Clark?" I ask. I pry him off of me. His eyes are closed and his body is limp. "CLARK!" I yell. "SOMEONE ANYONE HELP!" I scream. I lay Clark's limp body on the floor and check for a pulse. I can barely make one out. Lois comes up to us and Jimmy follows. Reporters are staring at us. 'Jimmy call an ambulance!" I command.

"no Jimmy don't." Lois says. I am taken aback by her.

"Are you crazy! He is passed out!" I say.

"Let's take him back to my place." Says Lois. I can't believe my ears but I do as she says and help lift Clark off the floor. When we reach Lois's truck we put him in the back and we jump into the front seat. I keep peering in the back. He is out.

When we finally reach Lois's place we pull Clark out of the truck and help him up into her aparpment. She gingerly lays him on the couch and phones his parents.I put a cold rag on his head and check for pulse again. He must be coming to becuase the pulse is stronger than what it was back at the Planet. Now I guess all we do is wait.

At about 12:00 at night I am awoken by Lois.

"Hailey he's awake." She says. I wake right up and bolt to the living room. There he was layong on the couch and sipping what I'm assuming is tea. I run up to him and give him the biggest bear hug ever. 

"Easy Hailey." He says. His voice is gruff. Like that voice you have when you just wake up in the morning. Yeah like that. I let go and run my fingers through his jet black hair. 

"Are you okay?" I ask.

He nods. I explain what happened at the planet. He puts his tea down and rubs his eyes. 

"Lois do you have an extra bed?" Clark asks.

"Sure you take the room Hailey was sleeping in. I will take the couch and if Hailey wants she can take my bedroom." Says Lois.

"Thank you Lois." I say.

"No problem."

I fish through her clothes and find some sweats and a tank top. I tuck myself in and close my eyes.

A/N No way! almost 300 reads! Wow! This is my most sucessful story yet! Wowza! XD Comment on what you thought! I love getting feedback from you guys! What do yo think will happen? 

~Echo S.