Chapter 8

CRASH!

I turn my head and see 3 Lex Bots standing in my living room! I turn to Clark who seems to be struggling to breathe. Yet he still musters the strength to wrap his arms around me protectively. I felt much more secure. But I could feel Clark weaking with every single step the Bots took toward us. They made a running start toward us and the world went black...

When I wake up i'm in some kind of cell. Alomost like a jail cell but I'm not in jail...Where am I? I look around frantically for Clark. I am all alone. I have no idea where I am and Clark is M.I.A. I run my fingers through my hair and ruffle it a bit. Suddenly a voice comes over an intercom.

"Hello Ms. Conners. Sorry we had to meet this way but you forced my hand."

"Who are you? Where's Clark?" I ask my voice shaking.

A laugh echoes through the room sending chills down my spine. A screen decends from the ceiling revieling on it's screen Superman. He is passed out on the ground. His veins in his neck exposed...which can only mean one thing...Kryptonite. The screen pans over to reveal Lex. 

"Oh him well I'm suprised he hasent told you yet!" Says Lex.

"what?" I ask.

"Turn off the Lex Bot and send the rest out for dempolyment." commands Lex. A worker shuts off the Bot and walks away. Superman stirs and his eyes perk open. He coughs a few time and struggles to catch his breath. When he is finally aware of what's going on he turns to Lex.

"What have you done?" He asks. His voice gruff and hosrse.

"simple. Hailey here needs to know something only you can tell her..." Lex says. Superman dosent respond. Lex's eyes quite literally grow a shade darker. He grabs Superman's outfit and yanks him up so he is at eye level. "Tell her." 

He then drops Superman and walks back over to his desk. Superman struggles to sit up. When he finally does he looks right at the camera and says. "Hailey I am...Well one of your best friends. At...at least I hope. Hailey I'm Clark Kent."

My mouth dropped open. Is it possible? dorky little Clark is this amazing Superman. I couldn't believe it. 

"Where ever you are Hailey..." He coughed a bit. "I will find you. I'm going to save you." Said in between breaths. 

Lex began laughing. "Oh that's funny you really think you can save her?" He asks. His eyes darker than the depths of outer space. "You will never find her. And even if you do you can't save her. Lex Bots are all around her...waiting for you. But the real question is...Who will you save?" Asks Lex.

"What are you...talking about?" Asks Clark.

"Well you see almost everyone in the city now owns a Lex Bot. Well my Bots will simply destroy your precious city and hold it randsom. Not only will I be the richest man alive...I can have anything any weapon I want. And seeing your weakened state you may only be able to save eiter the girl or millions of people who you don't even know...What will it be?" Asks Lex.

      A/N Hey guys a short chapter I know...but it's late and I wanted to put something up. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I decided to go for Superman teling the girl he was Clark instead of the other way around like it usually is :) I don't thought it would put a twist on things. As usual leave a comment and vote it up! BTW I always read comments and I love chatting with you guys. Speaking of which if you have a KIK message me @ rzombielove 

~Echo S.