Chapter 7

I wake up in my bed. I rub my head. It hurts from hitting the table. I slowly pull myself out of bed. As I am making my bed I hear noise coming from the kitchen. I take light slow steps towards my bedroom door. I put my ear to the door. Sounds like someone is cooking...but who? I open my door and I see Clark standing in front of the oven. I breathe a sigh of relief.

"Good morning." Clark said. I wave.

"How...um...how did you get in here?" I ask.

Clark hesitates. "Uh...you left your door unlocked." He says turning back to the bacon he was cooking. 

Normally an excuse like that would have me reeling. But considering what happened last night I'm not a tad bit suprised. "Oh." I say. Clark looks at me funny.

"Hey are you okay? You have a huge bump on your head." Says Clark. He turns off the stove and rushes over to me. He cradles my head on his strong hands and tilts it. "That looks pretty bad." He says. "You should take today off." I nod. I didn't feel well anyways. 

"I guess your right." I say.

"Good...Cause I called and Perry gave both of us the day off." Says Clark with a smug smile on his face.

"what do you mean...Both of us?" I ask. Clark just chuckles as he walks back over to the stove turning it back on. I take a deep breath and shake my head. I walk over to the couch and curl up in a tiny ball. I quietly sob. All I could think about was Lex and what he did to Superman. That crazy look in his eyes. His neroutic tone. And now the pictures were gone. All my evidence. I guess Clark heard me crying. Suddenly two strong arms take hold of me and cradle me. I open my eyes and I am staring at Clark. I rest my head on his chest. His heartbeat slow and steady. He rocked me slowly and stroked my hair. 

"Shhhhh...It''s okay. Just breathe. Breathe." Came his smooth low voice. I took deep breaths and I calmed down. 

"Better?"He asked sitting me up and resting me on his lap. I nod "Good." He says. I get up and grab a plate of bacon and so does he. As comforting as Clark was I couldn't get the images out of my head.

Later that day I decided to get some fresh air. I walk out onto the patio and sit on the ledge. It was quite wide so I was in no danger of falling off. I looked out onto the streets people rushing, cars racing. I was remined of my 'date' with Superman. I hear the patio door opening and closing shut. I turn to see Clark with two glasses of soda in his hands. He pulls himself onto the ledge and hands me a cup.

"Thanks." I say. He nods and sips his soda.

"What are you thinking about?" Clark asks.

I Turn my head so I'm facing him. "What?" I ask.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks again.

"Lex...last night he used this rock on Superman...it hurt him real bad. I gues he isn't as invenurable as everyone would believe." I say. Clark puts his arm around my waist.

"He hurt you bad didn't he?" Clark asks. I nod. I can feel hot tears forming in my eyes. I hold them back but I guess you can't fool Clark. He turns my head and wipes my eyes.

"It's okay...I won't let him hurt you." he says. His voice sounding alot like what Superman had said. "Do you believe me?" He asked. I looked into his eyes. Scincere and truthful. I pulled him close and gently kissed him. Sparks flew between us...I wonder if he felt it too. We pulled away.

"Yes." I breathed. I could feel him smile. He pulled me away so I was looking at him. "Hailey..Can I tell you something." He asks.

Oh great here it comes what's your big secret? Pokemon? Cosplayer? Online Gamer? I think to myself. "Sure." I say. He hops off the ledge and helps me onto the patio. 

"From the first time I saw you...I thought you were beautiful. I just had this need to be beside you. But there are...complications in my life that I don't think you would understand. I feel the need to protect you. That day we fought was one of the worst days of my life. And I...I don't know....I felt terrible. So I went out and Some things happened..." I cut him off.

"Why are you so secritve? I want to be close but you won't let me near? Why?" I stare at him.I pull him close. "What are you?" I whisper.

He takes a deep breath. "It's not what it's who...I'm Sup..."

CRASH!

A/N OOOOOOOOOH SNAP! He was just about to tell her too! No worries no worries. This obviously is NOT  the end! I would not leave you on such a cliffhanger! Hope you liked all the romance in this chapter. God it was fuuuuun to write! Enjoy BTW Prob no FB page for the book I will probably just keep updating it on here as it is faster and eaiser than maintaing a FB page :)

~Echo S.