Chapter Twenty-Four: Silly Jilly

"Look! It's snowing outside!" I yelled, voice a bit confused and disoriented.

I could feel Joshua laughing beside me and turned to stare at him. What the heck was he laughing about?

Pausing mid chuckle, Joshua answered, "No, Jilly, it's not snowing."

"Then, why the hell everything white?" I asked, getting a little pissed off.  Now I was positive that Joshua was pulling my leg.

"Because there's an advertisement taped on to your window," Joshua explained, pulling the piece of paper away from the glass. Sure enough, the streets and buildings of New York came into full view again.

It took us twice as long to get to my apartment. Mostly, the cab ride consisted of me chattering like an idiot and not being able to remember where the hell I lived. The scary part was that in the back of my mind, I realized that I was sounding like my mother.

The words would not stop spilling from my mouth, while Joshua simply smiled and nodded at every stupid thing that came out. The alcohol induced euphoria was beginning to wear off by the time that we got close to my apartment.

 Drowsiness replaced my drunken state. I tried to keep my eyes open, going as far as pulling the lids of my eyes up with my fingers. I made the mistake of turning towards Joshua while I did it, and he couldn't stop laughing. I smiled too, realizing that I liked to make him laugh.

Jesus, I needed to get a grip on myself. I was beginning to feel happy with making Joshua happy. That wasn't healthy, right?

I hated myself when sleep finally won over. I had barely just seen Joshua after a few weeks, and now I couldn't stop myself from closing my eyes. The last thing I remembered was Joshua's voice, telling me that we had finally made it, before my eyes shut and consciousness left me.

________________________________________________________________________

I dug myself deeper and deeper into the spot where Joshua's back met with the mattress. Sighing, I tried to fall back asleep. It didn't work, and when Joshua turned around to wrap his arms around me, I was fully conscious. What the hell was he doing in my bed? Had anything happened?

I started cursing in my head for not being able to remember. A part of me was entirely disappointed for selling myself out so easily. What had happened to respecting myself? Had I gone all the way? 

I had no clue. The warmth and comfort that Joshua's hug provided was making it really hard to think. I had never been this comfortable and I never wanted to get up. I cracked an eye open and investigated my appearance.  I started to lose my shit when I realized that I was in nothing, but my bra and underwear.

"Crap." I whispered, too loudly.

"Good morning to you too." Joshua replied drowsily, shifting a couple of inches away from me to get a better view.

I tried to get myself together, but I couldn't stop noticing that Joshua kept eyeing me. Was he staring at my bed head? I had never cared before, but now I was hating the fact that I usually looked like I had a bird's nest on my head in the mornings.

I tried to smooth the craziness on my head down with my hands, but realized it was no use. I focused my attention on Joshua's bare chest and nearly died. This was not how I was expecting my morning to start off as.

I tried to sprint out of the bed as fast as possible, planning my escape my head before putting it into action. I should have probably thought of a better plan, because instead of quickly standing up and taking the loose bed sheet with me to cover myself up, I ended pulling the sheet but getting it stuck under Joshua's weight and slipping. There was a huge thud, as I face planted the floor in nothing but my panties.