Chapter Sixteen: Tulle Fool

Our first stop after I got ready had been to Joshua's room. He had told me that he needed to see Gola before we left. I didn't know why it sort of bothered me, but I sucked it up. I hated when I felt feelings I didn't want.

Blondie did not look happy when we strolled up to Joshua's floor. Her eyes nearly popped out of their sockets when she saw us walk out of the elevator together.

  "Babe!" She yelled before running to him. Joshua gave her a small hug and looked at me. I looked away because I could feel the awkward coming on. I don't think it helped her jealousy that Joshua was still shirtless from the Amanda incident.

 "Where were you last night?" Gola asked with a giggle. It looked a little creepy to me, like she was trying to read Joshua's mind with her eyes alone.

 "Here..." Joshua answered, being purposely vague.

 "Oh," Gola looked confused. I'm pretty sure that one half of her brain was suspicious and the other naive about him being shirtless. Both of those halves made for one confused Gola.

 "I was thinking that maybe you and I could hang out today. It's our last day in London." Gola started to trace her index finger up and down Joshua's chest, completely forgetting about her momentary jealousy.

 "Oh, well, actually I was going to go fabri-" I cut Joshua off with a fake and dramatic fit of coughing. Both Joshua and Gola looked at me with confused expressions.

 "Don't mind me, just coughing up a lung here..." I said in between gasps. I did not want anyone to know about our little adventure. This was a secret, because I wasn't sure my plan was even going to work. I was about eighty percent sure that it wasn't going to work out.

 "You're going where?" Gola said slowly in the typical blonde way. The girl was such a stereotype.

 I needed to say something before Joshua put his two cents in. My voice rang loud through the hotel hallway as I yelled quickly, "We're going...blueberry picking! Yup, it's going to be loads of fun! Wanna come?"

Alright, so I could be a little cruel too. We all know about her problem. It was just that she had looked so ready to include herself that I felt the need to do something.

"No, that's ok." Gola said quickly. She looked a little unsure before she rose up on her tippy toes to kiss Joshua. With one last narrowed look towards me, she slid her card into her door and walked herself in.

I let out a breath and ran my hands through my bangs. That had been close.

 "We lied because...?" Joshua looked at me with an eyebrow raised.

 "Sorry, can't tell you either. Are you going to get ready or play twenty questions?" I retorted.

 Joshua put his hands up in innocence and smiled before he slid his card into his room and led us in.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "You mean to tell me that you, Lilly, need to find a fabric store?" Johnny looked at me in confusion.

It sort of freaked me out that he was suspicious. I wasn't ready to tell my plan to anyone, not even Joshua who was coming with me.

"What for?" Johnny looked extremely distrusting.

  '"Well, I was planning on having some damn fabric for lunch..." I replied sarcastically.

 "Can you even use a sewing machine? What would you need it for?" All of his questions were starting to annoy me. Couldn't I buy fucking tulle in peace?