Chapter Twelve: Loving Vintage

"Nice try."

There was like one inch before it happened, just enough space for my hand to reach up and stop his face from getting any closer. Spreading my fingers on top of his entire face, I pushed it back.

Once I dropped my hand, Joshua faced my accusing expression.

"Really? I'm nice to you for about five seconds and you pull this shit." I tell him in a monotone.

I should take my lack of reaction as a bad sign, any other time I would have freaked and probably ended up falling from the balcony, except, I was starting to get used to this. Plus, I was not ready to get my face vacuumed off, hell no.

Joshua smiled sheepishly before sliding his legs out of the bars.

"It's not my fault that you were all over me," I can tell he's smirking as he stands.

I was about to tell him off, but when I look up to meet his eyes I can tell that he's just joking. I can also tell that he's grateful that we got over his touchy subject. Both of us sucked at emotions, I realized.

I took his hand when he extended it out to me, deciding to be a bitch and make myself heavy. Joshua realized what I was doing and tugged harder. Good luck with that.

I put all of my weight down to the floor making myself even heavier.

"Really?" Joshua laughed.

I smiled up to him, but he slipped the smile off of my face by catching me by surprise. I felt my body being lifted as he scooped me up bridal style.

"No! Not this again!" I yelled.

I started to worry when he carried me into the room and started to countdown under his breath. Once he hit the final number, he launched me into the air and onto the bed.

I landed with a loud thud and bounced repeatedly in a fit of giggles. I hated to giggle, but I just couldn't help myself.

I rolled off onto the other side of the mattress, regaining my balance in the process. Joshua was smiling from the other side, his brows up.

"Nice hair, Lilly," He says making fun of me.

My hands shot up to my hair, I was positive that it now looked like a bird's nest.

I climbed on the bed again, all the way to where Joshua was still standing. I caught him by surprise when my hands reached up and tangled his own head of hair. We ended up messing up our hair and running around the room. I abruptly stopped, laughing while I told him to stop.

"Alright, alright! I think our hair is messy enough now!" I tried to say over my laughter.

Joshua took one last hand to my head before pulling away.

"You should go to bed, you have a photoshoot tomorrow and it's already late." I told him going back into my business mode.

I started to walk towards the exit, but turned when I heard him speak, "Bye, Lilly."

Joshua winking at me was the last thing I saw.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Score one for the Lilly team!

I managed to get Joshua to his photoshoot right on time for the first time. It really helped that he didn't put up a fight when I told him to get ready and was entirely friendly and pleasant during the taxi ride.

The looks on Johnny, Gola, and Amanda's faces were worth every embarrassing moment that I had endured during this trip.

I was standing off to the side, while Joshua stood and posed in front of the camera. Never mind that it was December, but the shoot composed of a cheesy beach scene with beach balls, swim trunks, sand, and all of that jazz. It seemed like every shoot he did composed of him being shirtless. Not that any of the female staff cared, and neither did some of the males.