Chapter Nineteen: Numb Thumb

I hauled my giant puke green bag up the stairs, finally reaching my apartment door. With a forceful push, the suitcase and I were finally home.

At first I felt weird. It had already been a month since I had been home, and at first the apartment felt stale and vacant. The little furniture I owned looked dusty and lonely in my cramped apartment. I pulled out the stack of mail that I had picked up the minute I arrived and started to shuffle through it.

"Bills, bills, advertisement, bills, paycheck, bills-" I mumbled to myself as I discarded the envelopes one by one. I stepped on my tracks when I realized that I had my first paycheck in my hands. I couldn't believe the 4 digits that flashed in front of my eyes.

I smiled, because it felt like life was finally paying off. All I had to do was stop Joshua and Gola from reproducing, put up with Johnny's snarky remarks, and Amanda's backstabbing for a month! 

Alright, so it hadn't been that bad. Now that I was home, I was feeling pretty proud of myself. Sure, there had been a couple of mishaps, but things had turned out alright. I began to unpack my bags and start to stuff my small amount of clothes back into my drawers.

 I knew that I wouldn't be in my apartment for too long; we were scheduled for more traveling, after the huge New Years event, but no one could sue me for not being able to stand living in a suitcase for more than a month.

I had been expecting to be delighted the minute I walked through my front door. Instead, I was starting to feel pissed off and a little alarmed. I didn't want to admit it, but I was starting to feel lonely.

 It hadn't even been 24 hours since I got home!

 I tried to convince myself that I was happy to be rid of Gola, Johnny, Amanda, and even Joshua. I was finally back in the real world. A world with normal people, not the stuck up fashion crazed kind I had become accustomed to.

The problem was that things felt...boring.

I huffed before I stripped into my pajamas and made my way to my bed.

I realized that I even missed the comfy hotel beds. Rolling my eyes, I worked to fall asleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The first few days had been tough. I couldn't fool a kindergartner into believing that the days after that had been any easier.

I was really starting to get freaked out when I would go out to get breakfast and found myself staring at people's outfits more than their faces. What the hell was happening to me?

Just because I was back home, didn't mean that I didn't have a shit load of work to do. Jenna had already emailed me a gigantic list filled with all of the requirements for the event. From the caterers to the music, my head was ready to explode.

I was inches away from losing my marbles when she sent me the guest list, and Justin Timberlake had been on it! Just the thought of being in the same room with JT made me hyperventilate. My crush on him was truly embarrassing.

That same night I had practically swooned over his name, and then reprimanded myself for being so silly. The weird thing was I made fun of myself as if I were Joshua.

Fucking weird.

Shit sort of when down like this:

Real Me: Ahhh! Justin Timberlake is going? Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit!

Other Me: Lilly really? What are you going to do when you see him? Serenade 'Rock Your Body' to him?

Real Me: ...