13: Positive

• Dedicated to Vic Fuentes <3

N-I-K-K-I-E enjoys making me upload...

♥Samantha♥

My mouth fell agape. "Kim you cannot be serious."

"I'm really late, that almost never happens to me. Please Samantha, you have to help me". Kim pleaded over the phone. I sighed, running my hands through my hair. "How"? Letting out another deep sigh, I stopped walking.

"Buy me a pregnancy test".

"What? No way Kim, what if someone sees me? Worse, what if someone sees me and tells Paul"?

"Please Samantha, I can't ask anyone else, they'll tell Jared. Please." She begged her voice cracking.

There was a pharmacy a couple blocks away where I was standing. "Fine, I'll buy you one. I'll be at your house soon." "Thank you so much Samantha. I owe you". Kim thanked me gratefully, sounding relief. She hung up, and I shoved my phone into my jean pocket.

Briskingly walking to the store, I entered and scanned to make sure I didn't see anyone that I knew. The store was empty, with a few random people here and there. I made my way over to where they had the pregnancies tests at. After looking at a few choices, I grabbed a random one and made my way to the cashier.  

Of course, there was only one cashier, and some lady in front of me had a cartful of items. Great. I sighed impatiently, reading the directions on the back of the box. It had distracted me enough not to notice that someone stood behind me.

"Samantha"?

My heart faltered, and I turned my head to see Embry and Quil, bags of chips in their hands. Their eyes fell upon the pregnancy test before I had a chance to hide it. "You're pregnant? "? Quil asked me, shocked.

"No I'm not. This isn't what it looks like." I tried to give an explantion but then Embry cut me off.

"Damn, Jake got it in already. Wait, Jake's the father right"? Embry questioned me also.

I glared at him, "I'm not pregnant you idiots."

Quil scoffed. "You really think we gonna believe that? You're buying a test and you look nervous. We're not stupid Samantha."

"I can't believe Jacob didn't ask me for a condom. I have tons of them". Embry told Quil, shaking his head.

"Me either. Wait, he is the father right"?

"Yes! I blurted out. I mean no. I mean I'm not preg-"

"Aha! So you are". Embry pointed at me.

"Next in line please". I breathed a sigh of relief.

I quickly paid. I felt Embry and Quil stare burning into my back. Grabbing my change and the bag, I quickly rushed out, ignoring the protests of Embry and Quil. Once outside, I came to a realization that Kim's house is a good 20 minutes from here. I groaned, and then a brilliant idea came over me.

I stuffed the pregnancy test in my jacket pocket. I started to sprint down the sidewalk, to Jacob's house. All the time spent being in track back in Tacoma paid off. I tried to catch my breath, my chest heaving up and down as I knocked on Jacob's door when I arrived there.

Jacob opened quickly, slightly confused. "Can I get that ride after all?" I smiled, trying to stop my rapid breathing. Jacob smirked, and shook his head. "I'm not even gonna ask. Let's go".

After a thrilling ride on Jacob's motorcycle, I thanked him with a kiss on the cheek. Waving goodbye, I walked to Kim's doorway. Jacob didn't leave until I was safely inside her house. Kim smirked at me as we both heard his loud motor as he drove away.

"We'll deal with that another time. Did you get it"? Kim suddenly became serious. Poor girl, she looked terrified.

I nodded, pulling it out of my jacket pocket. "You owe me, Embry and Quil saw me. Now they think I'm pregnant".

Kim shook her head, as she shakily grabbed the test from my hands. Kim led me into her bedroom, and I collapsed on her bed while she went into her bathroom. "Where are you parents"? I wondered, taking my jacket off. "Dinner", which I'm surprised, all they do is fight. I don't know how they can sit together and eat without arguing."

I cringed at her response, deciding to drop the sensitive subject. Grabbing my phone, it would be a good idea to text Paul and let him know that I'm staying at Kim's tonight.

A few moments later, he text back.

Oh hell no. Embry and Quil told me that you're preggers. I swear to god if its true Samantha

From: Paul// 7:30pm

No. I'll explain in the morning.

To: Paul// 7:31pm

No come home NOW.

From: Paul// 7:32pm

NO. why am I even asking you? I should be asking Mr. Lahote.

Sent: Paul//7:32pm

I text Mr. Lahote, and he said yes. I waited for Kim to come out. Even though I didn't know her that well, I still feel bad for her. Her whole life was going to change if that test came out positive. She came out, her face completely blank.

"It's positive".