26: Black

Sorry about the not updating Friday, I didn't realize birthday stuff took so long haha. Anways today is actually my birthday c: Happy birthday to me. Enjoy. Short, but will be updated this week, that I can promise you. Everyones votes, comments, reads, etc. always make my day brighter so thank you ♥ 

*Jacob*

I ignored my body’s cry for sleep, pushing myself to walk and get on my bike to see my girlfriend. Everything that happened last night resulted in me coming home very late and getting no sleep. Nothing else was on my mind or remotely mattered except seeing Samantha. Seeing my angel, explaining everything and letting her know that I will protect her ruled to be more important than sleep.

My dad kept quiet, giving me looks that I should just go back to bed. In return, I gave him pleaded glances, hoping he understood. “You should eat something at least”. His scruffy voice broke the silence in the house, right as my hand touched the doorknob. My stomach rumbled again, food hadn’t been on my mind.

“I’ll eat over there. I’ll see you later dad.” Swinging the door opened, I walked out trying to ignore my dad’s sigh. The Rabbit wasn’t in such good shape after speeding with it, plus the dents that the steering wheel has now. My bike was the second choice, even though it had painful memories tied in with it about Bella. I should really consider getting a new one.

The wind blowing against my face sort of woke me up as I sped down the long road towards Sam’s house. I figured that no one else in the pack was awake yet, so she should still be there. Stopping at a red light, I quickly took out my phone from my pocket and texted Samantha, telling her to be outside now. Not wanting to wake up Sam or Emily, this would be a better way.  I sped off as the light turned green.

A few turns later, I arrived at Sam’s house. My heart raced as I saw my imprint sitting on the porch steps, waiting for me. I grinned to myself; Samantha was the only girl who could ever make me feel this way.  Pulling into the driveway, I tried not to idle the engine so much and I waved to her, letting her know to come.

My smile fell slightly as I saw her face, she looked upset. Samantha didn’t mutter a word as she got on the bike, her arms slithering around my torso and gripping on tightly. As I pulled out of the driveway, I felt her warm soft lips kiss my bare shoulder. I relaxed a bit; at least I knew she wasn’t completely mad at me.

 I drove her back to her house; she would probably want to change out of Emily’s old clothes. Paul’s truck was there but the patrol car wasn’t. I shook my head; Mr. Lahote was such a workaholic.  Samantha jumped off the bike after I parked, and rushed to the entrance. My jaw locked as I got off and followed her. At least she waited until I was with to enter the house. We both entered and the first thing we heard was Paul’s loud snores filling the house. Samantha snickered while I just ignored it, and followed her up the stairs into her room.

“Sorry it’s kind of messy”. Samantha apologized sheepishly, plopping down on her bed. I observed her room, reminiscing when Paul demanded my help to fix up the old room into a room that a teenage girl would want.  The light blue walls that I helped paint were covered posters, fake flowers, and wall décor. The sunflowers were still there, accentuated now with the fake flowers she had glued on the wall. The bed still sat in the middle, the white dresser cluttered with various objects. The desk on the other side held mostly makeup and other girl items instead of the items it was intended for. A few things were scattered across the floor.

“It’s not as messy as mine” I grinned at her and she gave me a small smile. Samantha went over to her closet and pulled open the door.  Quickly grabbing some clothes and underwear she closed the closet and spun around. “I’m going to change in the bathroom, I’ll be back”.

I nodded and she left. I listened to her soft steps against the floor and her soft humming. My attention went elsewhere, to her desk. On the wall she had a bunch of pictures taped on. There were some of us, one of us holding hands and kissing. I beamed, remembering when we took them and smiled to myself.  I didn’t recognize most of the people; I assumed they were her friends back in Tacoma.  Most of these looked like they were taking at parties. My eyebrows burrowed, Samantha didn’t seem like the type to go to things like that. Then again she is related to Paul, and that’s like all Paul does.

Will was in a few of them, and it took all my strength not to rip them off the wall and burn them. My eyes stopped at these few pictures, the ones that looked like family photos. There was one with her and that her crazy as hell cousin Emmie. The others were I’m guessing her family members on holidays. One caught my eye; it was with Samantha and this lady. Samantha was in her embrace and they were laughing. It didn’t take me long to realize who it was.

My mouth when dry and I could feel my heart sinking for Samantha. It was her mother. They didn’t look much alike sadly, but they both had the same beautiful chocolate eyes. Her mother was beautiful, just like Samantha. Her mother looked like the typical Quileute appearance, straight dark hair, brown eyes, and russet skin. Samantha had the appearances, but you could tell she was mixed.

I turned as I heard Samantha come into the room. She was wearing these high-waist dark jeans and a black bandeau with a grey cardigan. I couldn’t stop staring at her body. Samantha bit her lip, blushing when she caught me staring. “You’re looking at my pictures”, she stated quickly. I smirked at her blushing and nodded. I wrapped my arm around her waist, pulling her closer to me.

Samantha was stiff as I knew she was still mad at me. Her eyes found the one of her and her mother and she smiled somberly.  “It makes me really upset that I barely look like her. I look like my dad, and I barely ever saw him”.

I squeezed her waist as a response, still staring at the pictures. “Jacob, look at me”. My eyes traveled down at her, her chocolate eyes staring back up with such intensity. “What happened last night”? She spoke calmly as she waited for my answer.

I gulped nervously, and led her to sit on her bed.  “I don’t know how to tell you this”. I mumbled, my mouth going dry. I avoided eye contact with her and instead looked at her small hand that I was holding, rubbing my fingers across her palm. “Just keep an open mind please”.

Samantha scoffed, “I’ve had an open mind since the day that you guys told me you were werewolves. You can tell me anything Jacob". She caressed my face, rubbing her fingers over my dark under eyes. “You need to sleep more”, she shook her head.

“I-I can’t tell you. I’m sorry.” I finally looked up at her, and I kind of wish I hadn’t. Her face went blank, those pink soft lips now in a straight line. “Jacob, I deserve to know”.

“It’s too much for you to handle Samantha.”

“Please! I can handle anything. I’m your girlfriend, your imprint. You should be able to tell me. Secrets create barriers Jacob”. I raised my eyebrows at her skeptically. “Please it’s not like you haven’t kept secrets from me. This one is important; it’s for your sanity”.

 Samantha mouth fell and her face contoured into anger. “Really Jacob?! You’ve told me about your werewolf secret, which I heard it’s very important secret not to tell, yet you can’t tell me this? And yes I have kept secrets from you. I’ll tell you it, if it you tell me yours”. She crossed her arms, pouting.

A growl escaped my lips. “Fine, Jesus you’re so stubborn. Tell me yours first”. My heart pounded, I was getting nervous. Her face now twisted into remorse, her eyes giving me a pleading look. “Please don’t get too mad at me”.

“What is it”? I queried persistently.  Looking at the ceiling, she sighed heavily. “Will… kissed me that one day I told you I went to Kim’s house. Jacob please look I’m so sorry”. Samantha breathing quickened. “Jacob”?

Everything went black.