29: You've Changed

Hi everyone. I'm sorry I haven't been updating, I took a break. But now I am back to regularly update. My story is sadly coming to an end. Instead of making this chapter longer, I've decided to post it instead of keeping you waiting. I will most likely be updating this weekend. Enjoy ♥

♥Samantha♥

Mr. Lahote strolled into the kitchen in his usual attire, his uniform, holding a black mug. He gave me a smile as he placed the mug in the sink. “They didn’t let you go this time”? He asked, taking a seat across from mine at the table. I drummed my fingers against the wooden surface and shook my head. “I didn’t want to. They need to get prepare, I’d only be a distraction again”. Mr. Lahote sighed and rubbed his tired eyes. The lines on his face seemed to have deepened these past weeks. “Two more days”.

“Two more days” I repeated after him, taking another sip of coffee. “First day of August and it’s a nice one.” He changed the subject, staring out at the bay window in the living room. “All sun and no rain, what a surprise” I commented, staring out as well.  A smile appeared on his tired face as he turned his head to me. “If you thought that was rain, just wait until November.” I let out a small groan which made him chuckle. Glancing at his watch, he got up. “I have to go, be safe Samantha”. With one last smile he walked over to the front door and left.

The house was silent as I could hear the police car fade away. After one last sip I poured out the rest of my coffee, washing the mugs in the sink. The nauseated feeling I had all morning since the pack left to go with the Cullens again wouldn’t go away. While drying the mugs, I heard the expecting sound of the doorbell ringing. Putting them away, I made my way knowing who was at the door. I unlocked and opened without a hesitation.

Will stood there, in gym shorts and a shirt with our old school mascot on it. I stared at the shirt and smiled sadly, reminiscing in my memories of the past. Will speaking brought me back and I stared up at him. “Can I come in”?

Moving back inside without a word, he followed me in. I sat on the couch and he hesitantly sat down next to me. There was an awkward silence between us. Will broke it with a sigh, as he stared over at me with his dark brown eyes.

“Why did you want to see me”? I asked him softly, moving my eyes away from him and focusing on my grey skirt, my hands rubbing the tweed fabric. Will cleared his throat and shifted. “I can’t see you? I’d see you every day back in Tacoma”.

“Well things have changed. Besides right now isn’t that great of a time”. I responded curtly, crossing my arms over my chest. Will was clearly hurt as he tried to hide it, his face becoming hard as a stone. “You’re right, you’ve changed. I only came here for you, and what do I get? Someone different. I came here to tell you I’m leaving La Push before school starts. I can’t be here anymore. Seeing you, all I feel is pain.” Will abruptly got up and stormed out of the house, slamming the door behind him.

My mouth fell agape and without thinking I stormed out, following him. Will was in his car about to pull out the driveway. I sprinted to his car, banging my fist on his window. Right as he rolled down his window I started screaming at him. “Yeah I’ve changed Will, but looks what happened to me. I lost my mom, I moved away from my family to a completely different area! Remember when I told you I was scared that I would be miserable here? You said I wouldn’t, that I would meet new people and be happy. I am Will! I’m happy, isn’t that what you wanted”?

Will stayed silent, looking straight ahead as I calmed down. “I’m sorry Will. I’m sorry that my happiness is with someone else and not you”. My voice was lower, softer. Will’s face showed anger and hurt as he just shook his head. Will changed the gear and I backed up. “I’m sorry everything ended up this way”.

Will stared into my eyes for a second, as they quickly flickered away. “At least one of us is happy.” The engine roared as he pulled out and sped down the street. I stood there, watching until his car wasn’t in sight.