27: Allies

Hey everyone. No excuse for why I didn't update yesterday, I make a lot of empty promises. But I stayed up late just to post, so I hope you enjoy. The chapter should fill up some plot holes.  Have a good day or night haha.

*Jacob*

“Where are you taking me”? Samantha sniffed, taking another deep to calm down. I pressed down on the gas pedal of her Camaro, racing down the street. “Anywhere but here” I responded, heading for the entrance out of La Push. Samantha shook her head and covered her distraught face with her shaky hands.

My knuckles gripped the steering wheel at her reaction. “I-I had to go with Kim today to her first ultrasound. You should have gone with the pack to the Cullens.” Samantha shakily reached under the passenger seat.

“It’s okay, the rest can handle it. Paul didn’t want you near them; you’ve had enough for the day. Kim will be fine.” Samantha pulled out a pack of cigarettes and shakily took one out. I glanced over at her, shocked. “What are you doing? You smoke?” She lit it with the lighter after many attempts on trying to ignite it, burning her fingertips.

After taking a drag she spoke, smoke escaping from her mouth and nose. “I use to, back when my mom died. But I stopped. Now I only smoke in extreme situations, like this one”. A growl emerged from the back of my throat, but I let her continue. Taking another drag, she turned off the radio and looked over at me with a pained expression. “I can’t believe vampires are real…and one of them is after me”. It came into my room and everything. Took my shirt for my scent, just like it did with Bella, I’m glad she told warned you about that. It has both our scent, and God knows what it will do with it”. Her voice was cracking, taking a last drag of the cigarette and throwing it out the window.

My jaw locked in place and I could feel the vein in my forehead start to twitch. “I failed as a protector. It’s my entire fault, I should have caught Victoria before any of this happened. You’re going back home. It’s too dangerous for you to stay in La Push.”

Samantha gave me a baffled look. “Is that where you’re going? Jacob I’m not leaving La Push-I’m not leaving you- no matter what happens.” Her hand found its way to mine, and held it. “It’s not your fault Jacob. You want to protect me? Go back and talk with the Cullens, figure out what’s happening.”

The things mentioned rattled through my brain. I heaved a sigh, and merged over to another lane. “You’re right.” I gritted my teeth and made a sharp U-turn, turning back to drive back to La Push. We didn’t drive that far, just deep in Forks.

Samantha squeezed my hand. “I don’t understand why you aren’t mad at me, for what happened between Will and me.”

I gritted my teeth and gripped the steering wheel even harder. “I am very furious actually, but that doesn’t matter at the moment. You do.”

Samantha looked away, her grip loosened. The car ride back was silent, as neither of us bothered to turn back the radio on. Samantha didn’t look at me the whole ride back. “Is Kim at her appointment yet”? I questioned, entering La Push. The pack should be already at the Cullens, I could phase and catch up with them.

Samantha shrugged her shoulders, still not looking at me. “It’s fine, I don’t need to go anymore. I’ll just stay with you.” She finally glanced at me, her chocolate brown eyes blank of expression. Again, I heaved a heavy sigh. “I was planning on going to the Cullens, but I’ll stay with you”.

“No its okay, I’ll go with you.”

“Hell no”, I responded flatly, pulling up into her driveway. Paul’s truck was still there, so that meant they all went in werewolf form. Samantha scowled, and jerked her away from mine. Crossing her arms, she huffed and got out the car, slamming the door roughly. She made her way up the driveway and into the house.

My eyes shut and I groaned. After getting out and locking the car I followed after her back into the house. The house was completely normal has we left it this morning. After Samantha told me what happened with Will, I blacked out of anger. From what Samantha told me, it reminded of the day in the forest, after she punched Rosie. But I was able to control myself and I didn’t hurt her.

Since I promised her I would tell her, I told her everything. Her reaction was what I expected, very distraught. Paul woke up and was furious that I told her, and started yelling at me. After getting in a heated argument with him, I stormed out of the house with Samantha in my hand. Paul didn’t try to stop us.

 Samantha was nowhere in sight downstairs, I headed up the stairs to find her room door opened. Samantha sat on her bed, cuddling the teddy bear her mom had given her. Her eyes were glued to her window. Moving over to her, I sat next to her and placed my arm on her knee.

Soft sobs escaped from her mouth and my heart broke. “Please don’t cry Samantha.” I pleaded with her, pulling her in an embrace. She sobbed against my chest, her tears landing on my bare chest. For a while, we sat like this. She eventually stopped crying, her sobs becoming tears then transitioning to sniffles. I caressed her hair and rubbed her back, trying to comfort my imprint the most I could.

Samantha pulled back, clearly embarrassed. She rubbed her red puffy eyes, and took a couple of quivering breathes. “I always end up crying in front of you”, she laughed slightly. After composing herself, she glanced over at me, licking her lips.

Leaning in, she crashed her lips onto him. Her hands traveled to my neck, pulling me closer to her. The kiss took me off guard, but I quickly kissed back. Her lips were soft against mine, she pulled on my bottom lip. That drove me crazy, I moved away from her lips and down her jawline, continuing down her neck. Grazing my teeth again her skin, I could hear her breathing get heavier and I smirked. “What was that for”? I whispered, moving up to her ear.

“To prove that the kiss with Will meant nothing, I pulled back as quick as possible. You’re the only one that I want Jacob. Not him, just you.” Samantha gave me a grin, giving me a peck on my nose.

I grinned sheepishly, and kissed her forehead. Before I could say anything, my phone started to ring. Groaning, I fished through my cargo pockets and pulled out my phone. It was Embry who was calling me, and I quickly answered. “Yeah”?

“Dude, this shit is serious. Apparently Victoria has been creating this army of newborns back in Seattle. And get this, the one that was in Samantha’s room, he’s the guy that’s been missing. They’re coming and the Cullens want to become allies with us, just for this fight.”

Samantha gave me a confused look, her eyes looking up at me innocently. I shook my head at her, continued to listen to Embry blabber on.

What am I going to do?