2: Overcast

• Dedicated to My friends

Still don't know why I'm writing this...

~Paul~

I was sitting outside in my front porch. It was an overcast, the sun hidden by the dark gray clouds. A normal day for La Push. I sighed, today was Monday. The day my sister was coming. I was pretty mellow about it, and I even proved to everyone that I was mellow by cleaning the house. And helping with her room. I wanted everything to be perfect, to be honest.

I started thinking about yesterday. How Black and Embry tried to trash my house. I rolled my eyes, it was a stupid attempt. But it was pretty funny. I remember them carrying egg cartons and toilet paper, trying to get the guts to do when. Before they could I ran outside and phased out of anger. Then I started fighting Black while Embry tried to stop. Good times, good times.

I was still day dreaming, when my dad's police car pulled up the driveway. Yes my dad was a cop, a La Push cop. I saw a girl with wavy black hair in the car laughing. My dad was smiling. I shrugged it off; he probably told her one of his lame jokes.

“Hey Paul" my dad yelled as they both got out of the car. I rushed over to them. “Hey I'm Paul" I greeted her. “Samantha" she smiled. Man she was so tiny, and fragile looking. I helped with her bags and showed her the house.

♥Samantha♥

I plopped down on my bed. Paul had brought my suitcases and left me alone to unpack. A few tears escaped my eyes. I really missed my mom, I feel like a burden to Paul and Mr. Lahote. I took in the small room. The walls are painted a light blue, with some sunflowers painted on them. A white dresser sat in a corner, a wood desk. I rubbed my hand on the soft white comforter.

I heard a soft knock on my door. I quickly wipe the tears from my eyes, and sat up.

“Come in".

Paul entered, and sat on the edge of my bed. “Hey I'm just letting you know that my friends are coming over late. You can meet them, or you can stay up here if you want. You must be tired."

“It’s okay; maybe I should meet new people". I responded.

He nodded, and smiled. “I’ll show you around La Push tomorrow".

I nodded, and he left. I pondered over if I should go or not. If I go then I have friends to hang out with. But they might not like me. If I don't go then I would just feel awkward here, but then it might be awkward downstairs.

I decided to go.