Haikyū!! ♝

Written by: Haruichi Furudate

Genre: Sports(volleyball), Comedy-drama

Plot:

Junior high school student Shōyō Hinata gains a sudden love of volleyball after seeing a national championship match on TV. Although short in height, he becomes determined to follow in the footsteps of the championship's star player, nicknamed the "Small Giant", after seeing his plays. He creates a volleyball club and begins practicing by himself. Eventually five other members join the team by his last year of middle school, but they are defeated in their first tournament after being challenged by the championship favorite team, which includes the so-called "King of the Court" Tobio Kageyama, in the first round. Though Hinata's team suffers a miserable defeat, he vows to eventually surpass Kageyama and defeat him.

Source: Wikipedia

Manga: Ongoing

Anime: Completed

Total Episodes: 25

Sequel: Haikyū!! 2

Review:

Haikyū!! or Haikyuu!! for me is the best anime in this season. It was my most anticipated anime. Why?

Story: The story's all about Hinata Shoyo. The moment he saw a volleyball game ion tv, he immediately loved it. He idolized the "Little Giant". He is really a fan of the "Little Giant" because from the name itself, he is small but terrible. Just like the "Little Giant", Hinata is short and is really flexible. He was able to create a volleyball team with just enough members to be able to attend a tournament. He faced with the "King of the Court" Kageyama Tobio and their team lost for the Middle School Tournament. The thrill starts when Hinata is finally in Karasuno High School, where he met that someone again.

Characters: Let's start with Hinata. Hinata, aside from his height, he is really optimistic and fun. He acknowledges his senpai's really well and dreams to be the Ace. He's hardworking enough to join the girl's vollyeball team during summer just to train. He really enjoys playing and is doing better as time goes. Kageyama Tobio, the so called "King of the Court". He's a genius and an expert setter. In middle school, he was known to be bossy and irritable. He wants everything to be perfect. Later on, he gradually changed his attitude. The character's development is really really great ^_^

Art: I love Haikyuu's art. It gives you a modern type feeling. The character's expressions during funny moments are really hilarious. That's why, I assure you that Haikyuu is not boring, it's FUN!

Sound: The opening song is great! It was really funny during the ending song and everyone jumped - Kageyama's face was really funny there!