Kuroko no Basket ♝

Written by: Tadatoshi Fujimaki

Genre: Sports(basketball), Comedy-drama

Plot:

Teikō Middle School rose to distinction after winning 3 consecutive championship games. The regulars of the team became known as "Generation of Miracles". After graduating from middle school, the five of them went to different high schools with top basketball teams. However rumors says that there was another player in "Generation of Miracles" known as phantom sixth man.

Kuroko Tetsuya, the sixth member of the "Generation of Miracles" is now a freshman at Seirin High, a new established school with a powerful, little known team. Kagami Taiga also a freshman who spent most of his middle school in America and a natural talented player also joined the basketball team in Seirin High.

After meeting one member of the "Generation of Miracles", Kagami swore to beat all of them one by one and become the best player in Japan. Kuroko, after personally played against Kagami decided to be his shadow and help him become the best player in Japan.

Some details: Wikipedia

Manga: Completed

Anime: Completed

Total Episodes: 25

Sequel: Kuroko no Basket 2nd Season

Review:

If you already watched Slam Dunk, you will really think that they are the same. However, Kuroko no Basket may even succeed more from Slam Dunk.

Story: The story revolves between two main characters; Kuroko and Kagami. Their style of playing may seem unrealistic such as Kagami's jumping ability which is beyond human's capability, Kuroko's speedy passes, Kise's ability to mimic moves and plays of other player, Izuki's Eagle eye and Midorima's super accurate shot which can be taken from the court, are the most criticism that I heard from other people who have watched this anime. This may seem unrealistic but this is one of the factors that this anime is entertaining. If you want to watch realistic basketball, feel free to watch an actual game.

Characters: The characters displays funny moments especially Kuroko's sudden appearances which startles every characters especially Kagami. The nickname given to one of their opponent which is "Papa" and Kagami's "This is Japanese lunch time rush" keeps you laughing like crazy ^^. Seirin's team really is a good example of a balance team in basketball. They relay on their teammates and everyone of them doesn't give up easily even after being defeated.

Art: I will admit that the animation in the manga is improved in the anime. it is also cool to see the different colors of their hair especially the "Generation of Miracles" , Kuroko and Kagami. The game itself excite the viewers with such steals and blocks that makes it thrilling.

All in all Kuroko no Basket is an entertaining anime to watch even for a girl myself who is not an avid fan of basketball. ^_^