chapter 34

Chapter 34

A fire was raging through my body as an adrenaline rush overcame my senses, it was as if all pain dulled away and I was on an all time high. I limped through the room, my feet wobbly as the chain threatened to pull me down. Wrists stinging I swung them below my torso, trying to ease the tender flesh from it's constant stinging pain. 

The door was cracked open, sunlight spilling into the room. I slowly breathed in, allowing the sweet morning air to fill my lungs. Just a few more steps and I was free. Or at least some what. Sloppily, I trembled onward, the ringing of the metal restrains dragging behind me, sweat began dotting my forehead. I willed myself farther, through labored breath I practically shoved my way through the door, tumbling into the open sunlight. Yanking my oversized steel metal along with me. 

The air seemed cooler underneath the darkened shade from the evergreens. I inhaled the sweet musk of the trees as apposed to the stale air that resided in that cabin. I moved forward, my hands interlocked together bound by these chains. I could feel it in my very wellbeing that I wasn't the one needing to be saved, but Hayden needed me.

I was completely drained, but this was my last hope if I could only change form I would be able to escape. My mind shut  off a hard as I concentrated I couldn't change forms. The steady cloud of self doubt began suffocatingly clear; I was too weak to transform not only in my physical form, but mental too. No, I couldn't think like that, not now and not ever. There had to be another way, I was going to get through this. If not for me then for my mother, for Hayden. I gritted my teeth and a little husky voice in the back of my head sounded, as if a switch had just clicked,

Kayla- You know what to do. I believe in you.

I heard her voice. It was sweet and small just like ow I imagined her. I missed my mom she was such an amazing person and hearing what I know is her voice gave me confidence in myself. I did the only thing a wolf can do to signal it's pack, I howled. It was a vibrant deep rattling sound that almost seemed to shake the ground. I felt unsteady, the heavy steel of the chains kept me ground, to think something so evil could actually help me. The only thing holding me together were these chains meant to tear me apart. My hair matted, clothes tattered and yet here I was still standing. I was here and now all I could do was wait, yet I didn't feel helpless. In no way could that ever describe me. In the distance electric howls echoed through the woods, I was saved, and for the first time in days a small smile crossed my face. 

"Thank you mom."

I looked up at the sky because I could feel her watching me, you know that feeling you get when you know you've just made it? This is what I felt at the moment, and no one could take that away from me not even Jake. He could crush everything in my life, but he would never be able to crush my spirit, I would never stop trying to get away. And in that moment I knew I could solve this. Once and for all.

A/N

lol when you go missing for a year and then you come back.... not a Any way expect daily updates and a finished story within this month. I love you guys next chapter is gonna b a cute lil q/a so leave so questions.... oh and feel free to hate on me leaving for  a year that was super mean of me.