Chapter 31

"Harmony. What are you doing here, leave now!" my voice was strained with tension, all eyes were turned to her. She looked stunned her brown eyes wide as she merely gaped at me. The world was still while my head spun out of control, what did this all mean. How could I have been so tangled with my own problems that I didn't see Harmony's own inner dispute? She was Jake's. My world came crashing down on me faster than I had built it up, each moment I spent with Jake was tearing him apart from Harmony. I had hurt everyone closest to me, and now was my time to pay. "Jake please..." I pleaded, the solid ground beneath me suddenly felt colder than just a minute ago. My body ached as I peered up from the dirt, his feature softened if only for a moment. As he looked at my vunerable state his cruelty simmered away, he was the boy I had once known. 

"Kayla, I'm sorry.." His voice was sincere and threaded with sorrow as he offered his hand out to me, I felt shaky. Truth be told, I didn't know what to feel. Timidly, I grasped Jake's hand has he hoisted me off the fallen leaves. I felt like a weight had been lifted off me and I could finally be free.  "I'm sorry that it has to be this way." Jake said cooly, and a sharp pain ented my back. The warmth of blood freely slithering down my torso. I yelped in surprise as spots of black dotted my vision, I could feel myself slipping from the outside world. "It didn't have to be this way." Jake's voice sounded muffled, before I drifted into oblivion.

The walls were plastered with grey paint, the air conditionar sputtered, offering no support to the throbbing in my head. Everything around me seemed to be sluggish, like an unfocused camera, I sat there trying to recall last night's events. Nothing seemed right. "Kayla?" a raspy voice called, stumbling into the middle of the room. Once my eyes adjusted to the dim lighting of the room, I could make out a broad figure, it was Jake, and like a dam being broken, everything blasted into me like the rush of water. "Where is Harmony and Haden?!" I screamed, attempting to stand. Cuffs chained me to the frail support structure of the bed. I sharply thrashed, yelling at full volume. "It's okay Kayla." Jake whispered taking a step toward me, even through the darkened light, I could see his expressions where completely calm. His words offered no comfort to me, my breath heaved with fatigue as I pulled against my restraints. I would find a way out of here. No one would stop me this time.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello folks be proud of me that I'm uploading (: jk jk I totally owe you guys this and you can beat me up (not the face) haha anyways I am ending this book around chapter 40 so be ready for a completely thrilling and awesome ending (:< probs will update tomorrow again if I'm feeling extra creative. As alway stay classy

- A