Chapter 12

Chapter 12

I turned to face Jake, I opened my mouth, but no words seemed to form. He shook his head in disbelief before turning around and storming out of sight.

My heart ached, I cared for Jake, but I cared for Haden in a completely different way. I felt both physically and emotionally drained.

I wanted to just scream because of how frustrated I was. How can I love both Jake and Haden at the same time? I could feel my my nose wrinkle in confusion as this realization hit me.

Haden's puzzled expression snapped me out of my thoughts and I looked deep into his bright blue eyes as he stared passionately into mine.

I cupped his face in my hands, I found myself placing gentle kisses on his well defined jawline. Heat radiated off his skin, and I controlled the urge to press my lips against his.

"Thank you Haden... For saving me." I cooed kissing the palm of his hand lightly, he looked deep into my stormy grey eyes and whispered, "No problem Kayla. Just know that no matter what happens I will always be waiting for you."

His sincerity took me off guard and my heart melted at his words. I could already feel butterflies erupting into stomach, but I had a feeling that he wasn't talking about the rouge.

Without thinking, I leaned into his well toned body and kissed him. The kiss was slow and passionate and I couldn't control the shy smile that flashed across my face as we kissed, it felt so... Right.

I could feel all of my emotions leaking into our kiss. My lips parted and he immediately slipped his tongue into my mouth, our tongues battled for dominance and our erratic breaths were the only thing that could be heard in the silent forest.

I forced my self to pull away and my fingertips touched the place on my lips where he had kissed me. "I have to go Haden." That was all I allowed myself to say, I slipped away and didn't look back. I knew that if I had even glanced back, I wouldn't be able to leave him. Different emotions stirred inside of me, and to be honest I didn't know what I was feeling right now.

The only thing on my mind was Jake, I bit my bottom lip anxiously as I toyed with what I was going to say to him. I knew that deep in my heart I cared for Jake, but at the same time my heart belonged to Haden.

A frown played at the corner of my lips, why did my life have to be this way? That's when I saw him. Jake was sitting by the lake, his eyes glowing with sadness against the moonlight.

I slowly made my way toward Jake before shyly taking the spot next to him. The air was chilly against the glittering night sky, I took a deep breath before staring into his face. "Listen Jake, I know you probably don't want to talk to me, but hear me out. I'm sorry about not telling you that Haden and I were mates."

Jake winced at the word 'Mates' I watched the water lap against the shore of the lake and avoided his gaze. Until I cautiously glanced up and noticed him shaking his head sadly as he looked into my eyes.

I saw the hurt reflect against his face before he hid his expression. "How could you do this to the pack? How could you do this to me?" Pain rippled through his hollow voice and I closed my eyes. Trying to decide between the two parts of my heart.

-•-

A/N here it comes ahaha team Jake or Haden hehe (: