Chapter 19

Chapter 19

I swallowed the lump in my throat, Haden's gaze met mine. Almost pleading me to tell him that his suspicions were false and that we were together, but I couldn't. This was for his own good, I wanted to protect him from danger like he had protected me, this was my chance.

"I'm marrying Jake." I said, my voice shaky and uncertain. "what?!" Haden's voice cracked as his sea blue eyes flickered with mixed emotions.

"Do you love him?" He asked, his voice on the verge of breaking. I stared up at his pained face, "Yes I love Jake." I forced the words out. He nodded and continued to stare at the huge diamond reflecting off candle light.

"I just..." I snapped my eyes shut, swallowing my unheard cries. "Open your eyes Kayla." Haden chocked out, tightly holding my hand in his.

I reluctantly opened my eyes, Haden's face was contorted into frown. I blinked rapidly to stop the tears that were threatening to escape.

"I don't love..." My voice was small as I whimpered the words. "Stop." Haden held his hand up, cutting my words off. His eyes watered with pain and I forced every cell in my body not to just hug him and comfort him.

I couldn't breath, my chest was tight as if the pressure of the world was pressed against it. My heart rippled with pain and I stared at the ground, biting my tongue in order to keep the burning tears at bay.

"I couldn't bare hearing you say that you don't love me. Please don't say it." He whispered, his voice pleading. He shut his eyes tightly, and I watched as he chewed the inside of his cheek, I Felt as if I was being stabbed in the chest with a knife, each painful memory cutting deeper than the last.

"Haden I..." I sniveled, letting my words drift off into the empty night. "Kiss me." He demanded so softly I didn't know if he had actually said that or if I had imagined it. "What?" I barely mumbled, not meeting his gaze.

"If you don't care about me, kiss me and then I will leave you alone." He replied, his tone hushed. I could tell that he was breaking down inside, and a wave of emptiness swallowed me whole.

Haden knew that I couldn't kiss him, I wasn't strong enough to press my lips against his. Some where in the back of my head I knew that I wouldn't be able to let him go if I had kissed his lips. So I did the only thing I could. I ran.

-•-
A/N Dun Dun Dun the chapter that you have been waiting for! Thanks to my friend @jewelmintt for editing (again) AHHH I love dem Jake haters!
Fragile dolls out

Jk

Okay now gone

*poof*