Chapter 6

Chapter 6

I watched relief flood into Haden's blue eyes, he ran his hand through his hair and my eyes followed the motion. I couldn't help myself from thinking about how it would feel to run my fingers through his hair. He looked up at me and smiled, it was a real smile not one of those smirks he gave me. I love the way his nose scrunched up when he really smiled, maybe it wouldn't be so hard to forgive him.

My heart thudded in my chest and I took a step back, I wouldn't let him back in this fast. No I wouldn't let Haden break me, I could feel the air thicken with tension and I took a deep breath before stammering, " Lets just start over." I fiddled with my hands trying to avoid his eye contact. "Okay." Haden brought his hand forward then

continued, "I'm Haden." I shook his hand, sparks sprawled on my skin when we touched. I knew he felt it too from the flicker in Haden's eyes.

I still needed the answer from him, why he did he do that? I felt his blue eyes trained on my face and my hands started to grow clammy. Haden leaned over and brushed a strand of my hair out of my face, before pinning it behind my ear. This had taken me off guard, delicious tingles danced across the skin that he had touched.

"H-H-Haden, can I ask you something?" My voice trembled, I was so nervous I could feel somewhere in the back of my mind that his answer would make my heart break. He tilted his head innocently, that made me just want to curl up in his arms. "Why did you do it?" My voice cracked and I needed to close my eyes to stop tears from welling. I felt him lift my chin in his hands, "Open your eyes Kayla." He cooed in a soothing voice.

"The reason I slept with Veronica was because I was trying to find someone that made me feel like there is no one else in the world, but that person Isn't Veronica it's you. I just tried to get over you because you obviously have gotten over me, I saw you in the lake with Jake." Haden's voice was strained and my wolf whimpered inside me, telling me to comfort my mate.

Haden pulled me close to him and I couldn't control the gasp that left my lips at how right this felt. Desire burned through every inch of my body, I looked up into Haden's stunning blue eyes and that's when I saw how close we were. His lips only inches away from mine, I shivered at the feeling of his hot breath on my neck. He leaned in to kiss me, but I pulled back. Hurt flooded his eyes, but I wasn't going to let him back in that easily, no way in hell.

I felt the low growl that was rumbling in Haden's chest, I could feel the power in his presence. That I meant one thing, he was the Alpha's son. I was still sitting on his lap and I could feel Haden tense up, trying to keep his wolf at bay.

"Just listen to me." His voice urged, his blonde hair was tousled all over his head in a sexy way, my eyes raked tight black shirt that revealed his muscular lower body. He leaned over to me and attempted to kiss me again. I pressed my finger to his baby smooth lips and whispered in the best seductive voice I could muster, "You have to catch me first."

With that I sprinted into the forest, letting my legs take control. I felt the chilly summer air wrap around my body, I loved hearing the sound of the pine needles crunching below my feet as I ran. I breathed in the damp air and was so caught up in the sunset that I didn't notice Haden in front of me, and ended up smashing right into him.

I could feel his lips crash into mine, his kiss was rough and full of need. "I caught you." He whispered while pulling my earlobe I between his teeth. "And now you're MINE!" He murmured huskily, I couldn't help but shudder at how possessive he sounded. Warmth filled my body and I sighed at how good it felt to finally be in Haden's arms, it felt right. My phone vibrated in my pocket and I bit my lip nervously, way to ruin the moment. I reached in and saw that it was from Jake { Hey meet by the car? (: we have to go in 5 }

"Haden I have to leave." I muttered, trying to fix my clothes so I would at least look presentable. Haden stuck out his bottom lip and crossed his arms at me and I chuckled at how child like he could be. "Jake and I have to go." I said, shaking my head while still smiling about how childish Haden's behavior was.

"JAKE?! Where the hell are you going with Jake?" Haden growled while wrapping his arms around my waist protectively. I rolled my eyes and looked into his deep blue eyes, " I drove with Jake and I am going back with him." I stated before loosening his grasp and starting away from him.