Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I could feel the tears threatening to rush out, I knew that this rouge was going to kill me slowly, I could almost feel the pain coursing through my body. I shuddered at the thought, adrenaline pumped through my veins. I had to get out of here, I couldn't loose hope now. "get off me." I said as confidently as I could.

I chewed the inside of my cheek, I couldn't let the rouge see how weak I was. The rouge's face was hard and expressionless, "We can do this the easy way or the hard way." He said bitterly as he gripped my wrists tightly. Before I had time to react he pushed me to the ground pinned my arms above my head, his body was on top of me at once, restraining me from fighting back.

I could only thrash mindlessly, I heard him release a warning growl. I clamped my eyes shut and a chocked sob escaped from my lips. I felt sharp canines rip into my neck and I could barely breath. Blood trickled down my skin, 'he marked me'. That was my last thought as the darkness swallowed me.

-•-

Haden's Pov

I felt an unbearable pain in my chest, it was as if someone had ripped out my heart. An emptiness spread over my body and I fell to the ground. Something must have happened to Kayla, I felt it and numbness controlled my mind, I shed my human skin and took off. I heard the crunch of pine needles behind me and I knew that Jake was following behind me, I didn't care. I just had to find Kayla before it was too late.

Kayla's face flashed before my eyes, I could feel her fading away slowly. How could I have let this happen to her, it was my fault. I let Kayla go out I to the woods alone, I felt nothing at all. I almost growled at the thought of whoever hurt Kayla. I would find them, how could I not protect Kayla? She was my mate. I felt my heart sting from my words, but I kept running.

A sour smell hit me like a pound of bricks. I felt my stomach churn, Kayla lay in front of me, blood trickled down her soft pale skin. A wolf with jet black fur stood over her, I bared my teeth and we circled each other, a snarl escaped my clenched jaw. This wolf did this to Kayla, he would pay. A low growl rumbled from my chest, I skidded back into the mud and pounced.

~*~

A/N what do you guys think about this chapter? 900 reads and 77 votes! Thanks so much I couldn't have done it without you guys! (: