Chapter 30

I can feel my insides churning slowly, painfully sloshing like water. Trying to drown me in my own fear. Jake's malevolent glare never ceased to stare as I slowly inched closer. The more I moved toward him, the harder my fingernails dug into the palm of my hand. The piercing pain helping to bring me to my senses. this is real. Jake is real. I yelped in surprise as Haden growled from behind me, his face was contorted into a crazed look of fury. For a moment, I cringed. A look of fear evident in my eyes as I peered behind me at the hulking figure that stood before me. With the anger looming in his eyes, he almost resembled Jake. For the first time in my life I was scared, scared of this new side to Haden.

Would he kill Jake? I looked down at my hands,My nails digging deeper into the my skin, crimson droplets of blood dotted my hand. My knuckles had gone bone white from squeezing my hands into a fist. In spite of everything that Jake had done to me, I couldn't forget everything that he has ever done with me. Since the start Jake has always been my guardian angel, he was the older brother that I'd never had. Suddenly, my chest felt heavy with guilt, I had turned him into this-monster, I had sucked him into this mess. It wasn't him who had changed, but me. I had created this mortifying human. Who was the real monster, Frankenstein or his creator? 

"Stop." Haden snapped, "You came for me not her." I swallowed my own internal battle, trying to take in the conversation that surrounded me. Jake's cold glare warmed as he studied Haden, a twisted smile contorted on his face. "Oh but I did come for her, she's mine, aren't you Kayla?" Jake's voice rang with a mocking cheeriness. He was playing Haden. An errie silence coated the air as I silently watched Haden jaw tighten, extending his slim cheekbones. His sholders heaved as he stared down at Jake. The tension was palpable, it was as if I could see the smoke rising out of their ears.

Before anything could start, the boiling silence is melted away when a deafening screech had alarmed us. A small petite siluate shyly edges its way toward us. I can feel my mucles tighten, and words burn in my brain. I can't move, even before her ashen face appears, through the dim moonlight casting dark shadows. I can feel all heads snap in her direction, there is no denying who she is.  I could feel the fear glimmering in her eyes reflecting on my own. A chocked breath exhales from my lips as I slowly rub my sweaty palms on the surface of my dress. If Haden could be brave, so could I. For once in my life, I kneel on the ground and accept defeat.

______

A/N I know I know I haven't updated in three weeks. (sue me) but I just have to say thank you guys for 1 MILLION READS! I can't believe that so many have stayed with this story (hi to my new readers) Thanks so much, I wouldn't have been able to do this without all of your support.

Till next time

- Fragile Dolls