The Disaster

The gates opened. Naomi looked over at me and said "hey. Try not to get yourself killed, okay? We don't need that happening."

I nodded.

"ONWARD!!!"

Our horses started running and we started to get in formation. I caught Mikasa and Armin giving me a quick wave.

I waved back.

Soon enough everyone was equally spread out.

But... Something seemed wrong...

As I was taking a look around, I noticed a few titans in the formation, and immediately after, I saw green flares.

Levi fired back.

But then the formation took a turn for the worst.

To our right, where the formation was moving, had at least four or five titans.

Ahead of us were a few more.

More green flares.

"Naomi. You get this one."

"Yes, sir." She fired.

Katie spoke up. "Um... Heichou...?"

"Heichou there are titans everywhere! What do we do?"

Oh, no... This again...

If those titans are variants...

But, no. These are elite members. If those titans get anywhere near us, they've walked right into hell.

"Hey, Eren."

It was Naomi. I looked her way.

"I heard about last time. If we die, do me a favor and don't go crazy... Okay?"

I was kind of shocked.

"Don't even say that! You guys will be fine!"

Naomi kept a straight face.

"Just please..."

I took a deep breath.

"Fine... Okay..."

"Good." She smiled at me.

I heard Shane's voice. "Heichou! There's two titans approaching on our right!"

"Take them out, Naomi."

Naomi smirked. "Yes sir."

She moved her horse closer to the Titan and yelled "Hey, big guy! Over here!!!"

The titan saw her and started walking clumsily toward her.

"There we go. Nice and easy..."

She seemed to wait forever, when suddenly she used her maneuver gear to get on the titan's shoulder. She jumped up and shot down and sliced it's neck.

Right as the other titans went out to grab her, she ran across it's arm and jumped horizontally and sliced his neck.

Her horse came right to her and she rode back into formation.

"Nice one!" Shane high-fived her.

"As always!" Katie said cheerfully.

Naomi smiled back.

I felt more relieved.

Katie rode closer to Levi. "What about those?" She pointed to the titans in front of our group.

There were more now.

About five or six...

Levi looked to the left.

Titans.

He looked to the right.

Again, titans.

Way too many to handle on both sides.

"Heichou? Your orders?" Katie was getting anxious.

Naomi was even looking around a bit nervously. "Heichou... Sorry, but even I can't take that many.... And just from a glance I can tell that three out of the seven that are in front of us are variants..."

Shane came into the conversation, which seemed rare for him.

"There's like nine or ten on either side of us... And I thought they cleared the way. What, do they just appear out of thin air?"

Naomi sighed worriedly. "I would think that there would at least be flares from the others... Speaking of flares, Shane, do us the honor?"

"Gotcha."

He fired his flare.

Katie freaked out a little.

"Heichou.... Heichou... Look, those titans are running towards us!"

She pointed to two titans that were running pretty quickly towards us.

After what seemed to be an eternity of Levi's silence to the group, the titans got to us.

Naomi had a look that said "this is crazy."

"I've had enough of this bullshit." Naomi jumped off of her horse and started fighting the Titan ahead of them. But something was wrong. The Titan had faster reflexes than usual.

It grabbed Naomi.

"NAOMI!!!" Katie screamed for her friend.

Shane maneuvered himself to the Titan when suddenly the other Titan came in and swatted at him and hit him hard.

He went flying towards the ground, limply.

He lie there motionless as Naomi was trying to get loose frantically.

Katie started crying and tried to kill the Titan who had just killed Shane.

No use.

The variant grabbed the wire from her 3dmg and pulled at it. Naomi finally reached the titans mouth.

Her screams faded away.

And so did Katie's as she hit the ground.

I noticed Levi already trying to kill the two titans.

I couldn't just sit there and watch my friends die! I needed to avenge them...

I stopped my horse and put my hand to my mouth. I had to... It was the only way.

I heard a voice. "BRAT!!! STOP!"

"H-Heichou... I'm sorry..."

I bit down as hard as I could.

After that, everything went black...

~