twenty-seven

jeongin's tongue poked out of the corner of his mouth, slicking his lips with saliva in an attempt to moisten them. he very carefully held the pink crayon in his hand, coloring a picture of strawberry shortcake.

chan honestly has no clue where the younger had gotten the coloring book from. he went to the bathroom to change into sweats, and when he came back, jeongin's jeans were on the floor and said boy was snuggled into chan's sheets with a coloring book and crayons.

his eyes were filled with love when he looked at the younger, though. jeongin lit up his whole world, like a shining ball of brightness.

chan crawled into the sheets with jeongin, not afraid to immediately snuggle with said boy. jeongin gave a content eye-smile, poking the older on the cheek causing both of them to giggle.

"hyungie, i wan' a kiss." jeongin closed his eyes and puckered his lips, waiting for chan to place his own on them. when it didn't happen, though, jeongin pouted.

he opened an eye to see what the other was doing, noticing that the boy wasn't even paying attention. jeongin hustled onto chan's lap, snapping the australian out of his little love daze.

jeongin pressed his lips against the older's, relishing in the soft contact. his lips were warm and comforting, they tasted like winter-green mint gum. chan quickly settled his arms around jeongin's waist as usual, pulling him closer.

the two loved to touch eachother, their warmth calming any uneasy part of their minds. after reconnecting, they broke apart. jeongin giggled, causing chan to give the younger a puzzled look.

"i like you a lot lot," he sighed out, squishing the older's cheeks subconsciously. jeongin leaned his head down and nuzzled into the crook of chan's neck.

"baby, that tickles," chan laughed and pushed jeongin's chest lightly to get him to hop off. he did, but with a reluctant whine as expected.

jeongin sat to the side of chan, removing the covers from his legs as he was warm. he picked up his clipboard again, choosing to flop onto his stomach to color again.

chan just smiled and drew shapes on jeongin's back, tracing invisible patterns with his index finger.

"hyungie?" the younger set down his crayon, yet didn't lift his gaze to look at the older. when chan hummed in response, jeongin continued. "a-are you my boyfriend?" he didn't mean to stutter, and when he did, chan just chuckled.

"if you want, baby." chan fiddled with one of jeongin's soft locks, smiling at the younger.

"okay." he sighed and continued coloring for a few minutes before he stopped again. "i know i'm young, but i kinda think i love you."

chan swallowed, the silence killing jeongin on the inside. he sighed and stood up, motioning for the younger to come. of course jeongin complied, getting to his feet quickly and following chan out to the kitchen.

jeongin took a seat on one of the two barstools that chan had infront of his kitchen island, probably because a table and chairs was too expensive. the older boy rustled through the fridge before pulling out a bottle of chocolate milk and a bag of cookies.

"here, eat up," chan said as he slid the cookies and milk towards jeongin before sitting on the other barstool that was to the left of jeongin.

jeongin slowly ate his cookies, loving each bite. he studied the older's expression, it looked as if he was lost in thought. he wondered what chan was thinking about, shaking it off. thinking too much about other people makes him feel self-concious, he realized.

after jeongin finished, the two immediately went to the couch and cuddled, chan's chest pressed against jeongin's back as the younger had sat in chan's lap.

the older turned jeongin around so they were facing eachother, placing a chaste kiss on his lips before adjusting the boy's black hair.

"innie,' he started, closing his mouth to think about his words. the small boy looked dissapointed, probably expecting some sort of sugar-coated rejection.

what he didn't expect was the older male pressing their foreheads together and intertwining their fingers.

"jeongin, baby," he began again, carefully picking out everything he said. "you can love even if you're young. you know what? i kinda think i really love you, too."

jeongin smiled and kissed the older again, enjoying the older's company as he would always.

end