twelve

jisung was beyond confused. he has no clue what has gone down between jeongin and chan in the past two weeks, or why they are acting so close. jisung wasn't getting jealous, no, he was proud. he was happy that jeongin had finally found someone else to be that close with. now he could take the first steps to making minho fall in love with him, but that's a different story.

the three boys were all sitting together on one side of a cafeteria bench. there were some of the more 'popular' kids crammed into the other half of the table. jeongin, chan, and jisung could all see the defining line between the two groups.

after lunch, jisung and jeongin had a class together. after that, jeongin had two classes alone. the boy could normally handle it, but today he was really needing some contact. it was probably the last ten minutes of class when he started clearly fidgeting.

he was running his hands up and down his arms as if he was cold and trying to generate heat under his grey hoodie. his deskmate had clearly noticed, but no one else made note of it. the teacher didn't seem to care, either, as she kept on with her lesson. right when the bell rang, signalling the class that they were dismissed, jeongin practically sprinted out of the classroom as if he was running a marathon.

he arrived at chan's locker just before students had completely filled the halls. jeongin was on the opposite side of the building, and he was already getting some strange looks from a few seniors at the surrounding lockers. when chan arrived at his own locker, he was shocked that the younger was sitting on the ground with his knees pressed up against his chest.

"'innie?" chan reached out and gently touched jeongin's shoulder with his hand. the younger immediately shot his head up, tears threatening to spill.

"hey, hey, get off of the ground," chan grabbed the younger's outstretched hand and pulled him up. "what's wrong? are you-"

the australian boy was interrupted when jeongin pulled him into a hug. he nuzzled into the crook of chan's neck, hands roaming over the older's back as if he hasn't seen him since the dawn of time.

"i just missed you, i guess." jeongin's words come out muffled because of his position, but chan still gets the point. for some reason, chan's heart feels heavy. did something happen? he did tend to be a worrier, especially about jeongin.

eventually, the two had to break the hug so chan could grab his books from his locker.

"can you come over hyungie?" Chan shook his head in response to jeongin, the younger instantly frowned and made quiet whiny noises.

"sorry, sweetheart. i've got homework to do, okay? i'll come over tomorrow" jeongin looked up at chan with pouty lips and puppy-dog eyes.

"please? you can do your homework at my house..." chan sighed and looked at the younger, who was now playing with the cuffs of his hoodie.

"i guess you can come over to my house if you are willing to excuse the mess.." jeongin almost pounced on chan with glee, nodding up and down repeatedly.

"yes! i'll come over and i'll be good. i won't do anything, okay? i'll just do my work and color with strawberry shortcake on my phone." the older just rolled his eyes and reluctantly nodded, swinging his backpack over his shoulder and his free arm around jeongin's slim waist.

"we can walk there, it's really close." jeongin smiles and nods, a twinkle in his eyes. he walks with excitement as he is about to see the place where chan lives all by himself! jeongin imagines it must have butlers and maids, even if he is aware it doesn't, because he knows that he could never take care of himself like that. chan must just be that cool, he thought.

when they arrive, it's one really big building. jeongin recognizes that this apartment complex is not far from jisung's house, as it is on the same road. the two boys go up a set of stairs and arrive at the door '208,' chan's apartment. the australian fiddles with his keychain, picking a small silver key that is right next to a miniature goku figure keychain. in a weird way, jeongin finds this cute.

the door unlocks with a satisfying click, and chan opens it to reveal a pretty simple studio apartment. jeongin wouldn't call it a mess, but he wouldn't say it was super clean either.

after walking in, chan leads jeongin to his room. chan's room is white with a small full-size bed that has grey sheets. there are two pictures of flowers hung up on the wall and a family photo set up on top of chan's honey-brown dresser.

jeongin sits on chan's bed as the older unpacked his things onto his desk surface. he doesn't know why, but the younger feels that chan is a very special person that has entered his life.