twenty-five

when jeongin woke up and brushed his teeth, he didn't take notice of the pink marks on his cat calendar. he was too busy paying attention to the fact that he actually got up and brushed his teeth.

his heart shape pancakes didn't do much justice either, he only realized that it was valentine's day a few moments after his mother had mentioned it to him.

jeongin also only realized that he was sort-of dressed for the occasion, wearing a pink sweater and black skinny jeans, when jisung had pointed it out at lunch.

when jeongin was packing up his backpack to leave school, he found a box of chocolates in his locker. jeongin didn't take notice of it as sometimes his teachers would slip some in his locker, and he decided to read the note later.

as he walked down the hallway towards the senior-wing where he would meet chan, he saw something unexpected. there chan was, standing by his locker with one of the girl's that had bullied jeongin. the girl had her head down and a heart shaped box out, like in cliche shows.

that wasn't the surprising part, though. what surprised jeongin is that chan immediately denied. he couldn't tell what the older was saying, but it sure looked blunt as the girl just frowned and dashed away. he didn't know why, but jeongin felt happy.

jeongin leisurely walked over to the older, standing behind the locker door as chan grabbed his books. when the australian shut his locker, he was shocked to see the younger.

"oh, hey 'innie." the older sighed out, wrapping an arm around his waist. the halls were pretty empty, as jeongin and chan usually ended up being some of the last people out.

"hi hyungie." the younger leaned into chan's touch, relishing in the warmth that he loved so very much.

"wanna go get some ice cream or something?" chan asked as they walked out of the quiet school hallway. jeongin didn't notice that chan was kinda asking him out on a date, nor did he take note that their outfits were matching.

"sure!" he chirped, pulling out of chan's hold to grab the australian boy's hand. said boy smiled and comfortably intertwined his fingers with the other as they walked to an ice cream shop near the school.

"what flavour do you want?" chan asked, jeongin instantly replying with 'strawberry' and entering the store, dragging chan behind him by their locked hands.

when they were both in the store, chan motioned for the younger to go pick a booth while he ordered ice cream for the two.

jeongin sat down in a comfy red booth in the back, taking in the retro-like design of the ice cream parlor. he smiled to himself when he saw the older approaching the booth with two cups of ice cream.

he made grabby hands and his face instantly lit up with joy when he got the ice cream. jeongin immediately started eating, causing chan to chuckle and take small bites of the creamy deliciousness.

"what're you laughing at?" he pouted, scrunching up his face in an unflattering way. chan reached over and and wiped a dot of ice cream off of jeongin's nose with his thumb.

"you're making a mess, baby" both froze at the petname that had just slipped from chan's lips. jeongin's ears were bright red, and the same color was creeping up chan's neck.

"what?" jeongin asked, flustered. the older boy immediately put his now-tomato-colored face in his hands and mumbled out apologies.

"it's fine hyungie, it's okay." the younger shook off his blush and reached over to pat chan on the back. he took his ice cream and moved it to the other side of the table so he could sit next to chan. they sat shoulder to shoulder, chan breaking out of his bubble of embarrassment to wrap his arm around jeongin's slim waist.

when they left, chan had only thrown a quarter of his ice cream away. this made him proud, even if jeongin ate a fourth of chan's ice cream, too.

not for long, though. when chan had to run right back into the shop and throw up everything that he had just consumed, jeongin got worried.

"i just ate too fast," the older reassured, patting jeongin on the head. the younger wasn't quite sure if he could believe chan this time, though.

a/n: yeah fluffy valentines date n like some stuff at the end that came out of nowhere