Chapter 34

Copyright © 2010-2012 by Kymberlee Elliott. This work is protected under the Copyright, Designs and Patent Act of 1988. All rights are reserved; any infringement of this copyright can be punishable by law. Infrigements include any unauthorised selling, broadcasting, copying, duplication or distribution of the work.

Chapter 34

I was hot...really really hot. Groaning I rolled over trying to find some relief from the radiator pressing against my back, but I was hauled backwards and trapped in iron bands. The comfort the arms gave me wasn't quite enough to make me forget the fact that I was being hugged by the sun. I groaned again and fidgeted before feeling cool lips press against my temple and soothing words muttered against my ear. Relaxing I felt sleep begin to roll over me when I realised I wasn't alone in bed; I also realised that I had been when I went to sleep. Shuffling about I managed to turn in the arms and press my face against the hard, bare chest in front of me. A familiar purr rumbled under my face and across my forehead as the arms tightened around me. Grinning I sighed and looked up only to be met with beautiful slumberous golden eyes.

'You know I think it's against the law to break in and clamber in to bed with someone.' Kit shook his head at me before dipping towards me and resting his forehead against mine. I leant forward and rubbed my nose against his. I watched as his eyes widened before he grinned and rubbed mine back affectionately before dipping further and nipping the skin at the base of my neck. I gasped making him growl and lick the skin. I squirmed and tried to move back, but Kit rolled over pinning me and carried on scenting me. His hot breath and warm body were making me sweat, which caused him to lap at my skin tasting me.

'Mine.' The guttural voice didn't worry me, I knew Kit was a little more beast than boy at the minute, but he wasn't aggressive in fact he seemed far more affectionate. Loosening my hands I wrapped them around him and ran my nails down his spine watching as his throat bobbed before he sank boneless on top of me. Smoothing my hands up and down his rock hard back I listened to his deep breathing and smiled pressing my lips to his shoulder. His head moved as he watched me; I leant back and stared back. Finally he moved back on to his forearms and stroked some hair off my face. I closed my eyes and pressed in to his hand, but before he could say anything a loud knock on my door interrupted him. Sighing I went to stand, but Kit shook his head making me frown. Seeing him start to sit up made me grin, I quickly arched knocking him off the bed. Leaping up I charged for the door and yanked it open, my sudden stop caused all 200lb of Kit to slam in to my back his momentum carrying me in to the strange Shifter at the door and against the opposite wall.

'Well this is awkward.' I was pressed between a half-naked Kit and the strange boy and that was when I realised Kit had taken the liberty of undressing me again and I was standing in my underwear - not even a t-shirt. Clearing my throat I shifted and brushed against the boy in front of me who leaned his head back and hissed. Stilling I turned my head and looked at Kit.

'I don't have any clothes on Kit.' The bass rumble was pure upset male Shifter. Turning back to the boy he practically barked at him to close his eyes. When he was satisfied he stepped back and spun me around herding me with his body in to my room. He stared at me making me shuffle uncomfortably aware I was wearing a small lace bra and smaller pair of panties.

'Kit mon loup I am cold.' He watched me carefully making me nervous before he stepped forward and wrapped me up against his warm body. I melted as he carried me in to my bedroom and quickly covered me in another of his t-shirts and waited as, like a child, I stepped in to his sweats before he dragged them up my legs. Finally clothed I watched as Kit tugged on a t-shirt of his own and strolled out in that and his boxers. All that muscular leg on display was causing me some issues so I decided not to look at Kit at all.

Taking a couple of deep breaths I composed myself before heading out. Kit was greeting the strange Shifter giving me time to assess him. Kit must trust and like him or he would have never let him in. He was taller than me by about two inches, but light and wiry with red hair and bright green eyes. He turned to me and smiled taking in my clothes with a raised eyebrow.

'My name is Seamus.' I nodded and smiled noting how he stayed away from me and didn't offer me his hand. I knew the reason for the latter and I figured the former had something to do with my six foot five shadow.

'Nice to meet you Fox.' He tipped his head back and howled in laughter. When he calmed down he wiped his eyes and sat down.

'You are going to shake things up a treat Izzy. Now sit down so I can tell you my news.' I did as I was told shocked when Kit moved to my French doors, but Seamus started speaking again distracting me. 'So I did a bit of recon and discovered three things; 1. Van der Haansen is terrified of Izzy, 2. His guards drink and talk too much and 3. The first trial is a hand to hand tournament.'

I felt my jaw drop before a grin slid across my face.

'Sly as a fox indeed.' Seamus bowed his head at me, but a serious expression made me pause - there was more it seemed.

'Haansen has set the tournament for tonight under the light of the full moon. He is making it clear he wants the Shifters' out. Dom tried his best, but ultimately he has no say.' I nodded and looked at Kit who was still facing away from me. Sighing I turned back to Seamus and smiled.

'You leave Van der Haansen to me and the fighting to Kit and the others.' He nodded and stood making his excuses before heading out. Kit still hadn't turned around so I occupied myself with the globe in front of me. I span in lazily watching as the continents span past blurring in to each other. The words Aladice had spoken to me echoed in my head. The globe itself was the safe as the locus was kept locked away inside, but the mountain part still confused me. Spinning it again I let my gaze drift before jerking forward. No matter where I was looking or how fast the globe span the same mountain range jumped out at me. The Carpathian Mountains were supposed to be home to vampires. Leaning forward I reached for the globe screeching when I was pulled backwards over the back of the chair I was sitting in.

Pulling away I jerked around and saw Kit standing hands on hips and nostrils flaring. 'Just what did you think you were going to do then agape mou?' I chewed my lip. In all honesty I wasn't sure why I had reached out; I was sure the Carpathians were the mountains we were looking for, but I still had no idea how to open the globe. Sighing and rolling my eyes I threw my hands up and span around.

'I am going to shower and change then we should meet up with everyone and prepare for tonight.' Kit nodded and slumped down leaning his head on the back of the chair. Reaching out I stroked over his forehead and hummed softly watching the tension slowly leave his big body. When he was boneless again I left him to get ready.