CHAPTER 32

Jane POV

After a kiss like that, I was expecting Peter to just have his way with me in my hallway. I was hoping he would.

But then he just up and left.

One moment his mouth was ravaging mine, the next there was only empty air in front of me. And a throbbing in my core. Ugh, how I craved his touch. I was practically gasping from his kiss, my face hot and my panties wet. But, for whatever reason, I had to come to him.

Still standing against the wall, I allowed my head to fall back against it. I closed my eyes as my breathing normalized.

What was I going to do? My body begged me to go put on some clothes and get over to his apartment so that I could strip them off. My heart cried out for him. But my head, my stupid head, warned me. Everything that had happened with Amanda swirled around like wasps, stinging each hopeful thought as it rose.

He had come over and pursued me. I felt special.

He probably just wanted to get the power back.

He said that he cared.

He probably once said that to Amanda.

I groaned in frustration and sunk to the floor, pulling my knees up to my chest and resting my face on top of them. Either I believed Peter's side of things, and I went over there, or I believed Amanda's side, and I went over there to bring him down. It seemed that, either way, I was fated to head over to his place tonight.

I stood up and went to pull on some jeans. I didn't bother with a bra or a proper shirt. I knew it wouldn't be staying on long, anyway.

The trip to his apartment took way too long. Though I was frustrated that I had to be the one to travel to get to him, I was a little bit relieved. I hadn't cleaned my apartment in a few days, and I was pretty sure that my trash was starting to smell. That would have been a considerable mood-killer.

When I got there, I pressed the buzzer on the door and the lock immediately clicked open. He was waiting for me. The elevator ride up seemed to take forever. I wondered what would happen if it just stopped, and I was left in it, stuck, for a couple of hours. Would I die from unsated lust? Or would I bite the bullet and hope the security cameras weren't monitored while I masturbated?

Thankfully, I didn't have to think much further on that. I was there.

As soon as I walked through the door, Peter slammed me against the wall beside it, picking up exactly where we left off.

"I'm glad you came," he murmured between kisses. "I've been wanting to fuck you all day."

I moaned in response, barely able to keep myself standing as his mouth caressed mine. Anything further than that, including forming coherent sentences, was temporarily out of the question.

"Is..." I gasped as his lips moved to my throat. "Is anyone here?"

"I sent Dane away," he said, biting at my throat.

I let out a purr of pleasure. We had the apartment all to ourselves, not that I would have stopped if his brother was still around. It was a huge place, I doubted he'd be able to hear us.

WARNING THIS IS THE SMUT PART , SO YOU CAN SKIP IT IF U WANT TO , ENJOY !<3

Then again, with the way that Peter's erection was straining to get out of his pants, it was less of a problem of noise and more of a problem of visibility. I wasn't sure what was stopping him from nailing me right there.

He ripped off my sweater, groaning with satisfaction when he saw that I was bare underneath. He moved his mouth back up to mine and kissed me, massaging my breasts in his hands, pinching at my nipples and causing electricity to shoot through me.