CHAPTER 31

Peter POV

All this inactivity was driving me crazy. Dane had actually stayed in his room, as I had instructed, and I still hadn't heard from Jane. That left me sitting in my living room, staring angrily at my phone on the table. It was quiet. Too quiet.

After some time, I pushed myself up and began to pace my wood floor. I couldn’t fix the Georgiana problem overnight, but there was a chance that I might be able to sort things out with Jane. My alternative was to sit around and wait for my problems to fix themselves. I wasn't a sitter. I was a doer.

And it was time for me to do.

I took the elevator to the garage and fired up my favorite BMW. Black, sleek, and a comfortable interior that oozed class. I tore out of the garage.

And not to mention powerful.

When I arrived at Jane's building, like a plebeian I used her buzzer code. I didn't like being kept waiting, but hopefully she would be worth it.

"Hello?" her crackly voice called through the speaker.

"It's Peter," I said. "Can I come up?"

It had been posed as a question, but I was sure it was clear to Jane by my tone that there was not an alternative. I was coming up.

The door clicked open and I headed inside, taking the stairs up out of pure impatience. I knew she would be waiting at the door, probably watching through her little peephole. So I didn't bother to knock. I turned the handle slowly, giving her enough time to back away from the door, then I flung it inward.

A very confused, incredibly sexy redhead stood on the other side. She was in her pajamas, clearly settling in for the night. Her little booty shorts and oversized sweater gave me a near instant hard on. It was everything I could do to remember why I was there in the first place.

"Peter," she said, her eyebrows furrowing. "What are you doing here?"

I stalked toward her, closing the door behind me. When she took a step back, I stopped. I didn't want to scare her. I just wanted answers.

"You're driving me mad, woman," I said. "You left my bed on Friday night, and now you seem determined to pretend it never happened."

Her lips parted in surprise as she gathered her words. God, what it was doing to me.

"I just—" she looked around, as if the walls held her answer. "I guess I just didn't think you actually..."

"That I actually what?" I challenged. "Cared? Thought about you?"

She took a sharp inhale of breath. "I guess, yeah."

I shook my head, smiling grimly. "Of course I do. And I'm not satisfied with the way we left things."

I took a step toward her, but she didn't step back this time. There was some sort of battle going on within her, I could see it written all over her face. Whatever it was, it was time for me to aid my side.

"Come over tonight," I said. "Spend the night with me."

She pursed her lips in thought. "I don't know if that's a good idea," she said.

"Why?"

I took another step.

"Because you're my boss," she said. "You could—"

"Give you toe curling orgasms?"

Her eyes grew wide.

"Whatever's going on inside your head, Jane," I said, taking another step forward. "You can't deny the animal attraction we have." Another step. "The raw magnetism that has drawn us together." I was directly in front of her now, lips only inches from hers.