What is going on?

You wake up tied to a chair and wonder. "This is a pretty weird place to sleep." Then you remember calling Charles and wonder 'Why did I call Charles and not Amy. That would have been so much smarter!' Slowly you hear footsteps descending from a staircase beside you. "I know you're awake. You always were a terrible actor." Came a voice from your right. Weirdly, you recognize that voice from somewhere, but you couldn't quite place it. "You know Y/N, we had planed out we would both be detectives, but look where we are now." Said... Jaydn, no.... it was it was...... " Grayson." You finally figure out. It was a kid you met in grade 6 back in Canada. Grayson Rosemary, a kid who you enjoyed talking to. And in French class you both stated you wanted to be detectives.
The blindfold gets ripped of your head. You see him for the first time since grade 8. He has short golden hair, his eyes menacingly blue. He's wearing black clothes with grey shoes.
"Why am I here?" You ask suspiciously. "Only because it's your fault I never got to live my dream, but you did. For years I waited to get into the academy, but was always unavailable because I was stuck babysitting the man you dumped!!" He screamed. "How is it my fault, I dumped a man I didn't love anymore!" You retaliated. He backhands you across the face. You didn't cry out though, you were trained for this. "It's all your fault my life was ruined. It's all your fault. It always has been." He wispers almost as if he's talking to himself. "Look you could have dumped Jaydn with his parents or with Arthur, so it's kinda you-."
"NO! IT HAS AND WILL ALWAYS BE YOUR FAULT!! YOU DUMPED HIM SO ITS YOUR FAULT!!!"
(Little bit of gore warning!!)
He pulls out a knife you didn't see before. "It's your fault, so your going to pay for what you've done." He whispers in your ear. Silently he raises the knife, but it's blocked by a baton.
"No ones getting hurt today!" Says.......