Getting started

You wake up at 7:00am to get to work at 9:00am. It's early and your brain isn't working, until you pull up to the precinct. At that moment you felt a rush of fear. You had been to New York before but not like this, not about to meet the people you'll be working beside for the next six months. You had memorized all of their names and faces: Jake Peralta, Amy Santiago, Rosa Diaz, Terry Jeffords, Charles Boyle and the famed Captin Raymond Jacob Holt.
As you walked in, you when up to the Sargent's desk and asked for the captain. "Hi, I'm Sargent Terry Jeffords. And I assume your the Canadian transfer?" He asked " Yes I am. I'm detective Y/N." You answered. "The captains office is right over there." As he gestured to the door. Walking in you notice 3 things 1: he has a rainbow flag on his desk 2: he shows no emotion and 3: he's currently talking to detectives Santiago and Peralta.
You knock on the door alerting the captain and detectives of your presence. "Ah, welcome to the 99 detective Y/N. If you wait a moment I will have detectives Peralta and Santiago show you around. Until then please do take a seat on my couch."
"Yes captain. "
"Detective Y/N, you are from Canada, correct?"
"Yes captain I served in the Hamilton police department."
"Good to know. A fair warning Peralta will most likely make jokes about Canada. And Canadians in general."
"Don't worry captain. I will be perfectly fine with them, as long as he doesn't mention anything about Canadians saying aboot instead of the correct term about."
"Good. You will find the detectives know they're way around the precinct quite well. Peralta, Santiago, show Y/N around please."
"Yes sir."
"Dismissed."

A/N
Thanks for reading the first part. More coming very soon.
I'm Canadian and I always felt left out because the only Canadians in the show were made fun of. Not anymore, SUCKERS!!