Chapter Ten

Terrance POV:

I had no idea what Saia was going to tell me. I'm sure it's nothing serious. I was just glad to get the whole Cymen situation off my chest. 

Now I needed to figure out how to tell Mike. He was refusing to talk to me.

This was my 3rd time calling him. He keeps sending me to voicemail.

Fuck it, I guess I'm just gone have to pull up on him.

About half an hour later, I was in his driveway. His car was there. Just as I was about to call again, someone opened the front door. Sure enough, it was Mike. I guess he came out to check the mail.

I jumped out the car in hopes to get him to talk to me. "MIKE!" I yelled out.

He looked at me, his face growing angrier and angrier by the second.

"Fuck is you doing here?"

"Get in the car now." I demanded.

"Nigga fuck up out my driveway! You aint welcome here no more fuck ass nigga!" He spat. 

"You starting to piss me off. Tf wrong with you? Just get yo dumbass in the car!" 

"Either you leave or we gone have some problems. Not even gone cap with you."

"We already got problems as far as I'm concerned." I told him.

That's when he started walking up towards me, balling his fists up. I was never one to turn down a challenge so me being me, I decided to meet his ass halfway.

Once we was nose to nose, I said, "Go ahead. Hit me. I dare you to." Once I noticed him hesitating, I went on to say, "Yeah you aint that stupid."

"I hope you don't think I'm scared because I aint never been afraid of shit and you should know that better than anybody."

I backed up and thought for a second. This was Mike. I couldn't argue with him.

"Bro what we fighting for? Aint we better than that?" I asked.

"Bros don't betray each other."

"Get in the car." I said once again. 

"For what?"

Instead of responding, I just went back to my car and started it up, silently waiting on him to follow after me. 

He hesitated for a minute but eventually he got in.

Once he buckled up, we took a silent ride to our destination. Shit was awkward as hell between us but I knew how to fix it.

________________________________________

Mike POV:

"Why you bring me here?" I asked in shock.

I hadn't been here in years. He drove to the same cemetery that my brother was buried in. Being here crushed me in ways I couldn't explain.

He put the car in park and said, "How would he feel if he knew we was going at it like this?"

The question had me thinking. I didn't have an answer. It took alot for me to not cry. Lord knows I was hurting.

"I remember the funeral like it was yesterday. I said I would always hold you down and be there for you no matter how tough shit gets and you know what? I'm still here."

"Yeah you still here. I'll give you that."

"Yeah and it's something I need to tell you."

"If it's about you fucking Cymen you might as well save it. I'm already hip."