Chapter Five

Saia POV:

I made my way out of Terrance's house as quickly as I could. I was so embarrassed. 

It's not like we were really doing anything but humiliation still ran through me. I can't believe Mike just walked in like that. Everything was going so right. 

Why was he even there anyway? He completely ruined my night.

I was approaching my home when I noticed my mom's car in the driveway. I wonder how long she's been home.

As my house key shifted inside the lock and opened the door, I looked around the house wondering where my mom was. 

"Where the hell have you been?" she asked, appearing out of nowhere. 

"I was...um... with a friend." I stuttered. 

She raised an eyebrow but didn't ask me anything about it. "Well I've been calling you for the past hour."

Now that I was thinking about it, I hadn't looked at my phone all day. I remembered turning it off so that I could focus on Terrance. I thought it'd be rude to be on my phone all day on my first date. 

I quickly turned it on. Sure enough I had 27 missed calls and 53 messages. All from my mom. 

"What's going on?" I asked curiously.

"Blade's in the hospital. I was waiting on you to get here so I can go see him. Someone broke in his house a few hours ago. He was stabbed about 7 times trying to defend himself." she informed me.

Blade was my mom's brother. Everyone thought he was perfect. He was the head of a big law firm. He had money, a huge house, a beautiful wife, 5 cars; anything you could think of, I can guarantee he had it.

Because of his good fortune, everyone was jealous of him. Every man wanted to be him. But that's because they didn't know him; not like I did.

He lived a double life. 

One summer when I was 11, my mom went away on a business trip. She was gone for like a month. While she was away, she sent me to go stay with Blade. After all, he was her brother and she figured she could trust him and that was a big mistake.

The whole time while I was there, it was a nightmare. He'd molest me any chance he got. 

He did all kinds of drugs and popped pills. Sometimes, he'd even force me to do them too. He completely ruined my innocence.

One night, he tried to rape me. So I pushed him down a flight of stairs and ran. He ended up paralyzed and I ended up at my grandma's house. I stayed with her for the rest of that month until my mom got back. 

From that point on, I never saw Blade again. I also never told my mom about the incident. Who would even believe me anyway? 

 "I'm not going." I said dryly.

My mom looked at me with a shocked face. 

"Why not?" she asked me.

I couldn't tell her why. I was afraid of what she was going to think. The only person who knew what happened was my grandmother but she had passed away. No one could vouch for me.

"...My head's been hurting all day. I just wanna lay down." I lied. 

After that, she informed me that she would be there until tomorrow so she could spend the night. I said ok and went up to my room and let my thoughts run wild. 

This was the first time I had ever thought about Blade since the incident. Thinking about the things he did to me made me upset. I began to become furious. 

Part of me wished he would just die in that hospital bed. 

"Do it yourself." I heard someone say.

I knew that voice all too well and sadly it was my own. The "other me" was starting to take over and there was nothing I could do about it. 

__________________________________________

*The Next Day (Monday)*

Terrance POV:

It was 7:52 and I was on my way to school. I tried to call Saia to see if she wanted a ride but she wasn't answering my calls or messages.

Maybe she was still mad about yesterday.

I just ignored it and continued driving to school.

Once I got there, I met up with Mike and Cymen at my locker. Still no Saia.

"Where yo bitch at, T?" Mike asked looking as goofy as usual. Cymen nudged him in the arm.

"Aye don't disrespect my friend like that." Cymen said. I agreed.

"But yeah if she yo friend, you should know where she at." I said hoping Cymen would give me some information.

"Nigga I'm her friend, not her keeper," she laughed, "Anyways...I figured you would know since y'all together..." I noticed when she spoke, she looked down . Kind of like she was disappointed about something.

"I mean I ain't say all that." I said grinning from ear to ear. It felt good knowing I could have Saia if I wanted her. It felt good knowing she wanted me too. At least I was hoping she did.

"Bullshit! Nigga y'all fasho fucking! You can't tell me nothing after the lil incident last night." Mike blurted out.

"Nigga why you so loud?" I asked him, "Tell the whole world why don't you."

"Wait so what happened last night T?" Cymen asked, looking a little too concerned. 

"Nothing man." I smiled thinking back at the events of the night before. 

That's when I noticed a notification that popped up on Cymen's phone. She looked at it with a confused face.

"The fuck..." she said.

"Who texting you lil girl?" Mike asked.

"Saia..."

"Really?" I could feel my face lighting up. I missed her. "What she say?"

Instead of telling me, she handed me her phone so I could see for myself. When I read the words, I was just as confused as Cymen was. 

The text message read, "Can't nobody save him."