Chapter One

Saia POV

Today is officially my first day of school. Real school. Ever since I was diagnosed with schizophrenia when I was 7, my mom decided to keep me away from others. I could never be normal. She was always afraid of me being a danger to others. 

 Of course this meant I never had friends, never had love, never had a life. Sometimes I felt as if I was in this world alone. Nobody but me. Suffering. Who will ever understand what I'm going through? Sometimes I felt trapped. 

 But not anymore. I'm 17 years old and my time is now. I wanna be free and I wanna live life. Because of my condition, I could never experience true happiness and I've always hated myself for it. Long story short, my mother is finally allowing me to attend a real school. I don't know how long I've been begging her but gladly I'm finally getting what I've always wanted, a normal life. 

 It's my senior year and I'm gonna make the most of it even if it kills me. 

 As my mom pulled up to the front entrance of the school, she looked over to me. I could tell she seemed stressed. 

 "It's never too late to turn around." she spoke after the silent ride. 

 "You can't keep me from the world forever." I told her.

 It was 8:12 a.m and I was already late for my first class. I rushed out of the car and made my way inside. I was nervous and didn't know anyone. As soon as I made my way to the main office, I started wondering why I wanted to come here so badly. 

 "Can I help you?" said the lady behind the desk. 

 "Uhhh... my name is Asaia Maxwell. I'm a new student." (pronounced Uh-sy-uh) 

 The lady behind the desk didn't even look at me. She just kept typing on her keyboard. 

 I cleared my throat, hoping she'd finally acknowledge me standing there. After about a minute and a half, she passed me a paper. When I looked at it, I saw my name in bold letters. Then I saw a list of classes and names of the teachers. 

 "These are your classes. Enjoy." She said in a dry voice like she hated her job, still looking down at whatever she was typing. 

 I could feel myself becoming annoyed already. It's only been 5 minutes and I already feel disrespected. With my condition, it's like I can snap at any moment. I try to stay calm, but sometimes I can't help myself.

 "So where the hell am I supposed to go? You gone help or you gone keep typing?" I yelled out.

 The lady behind the desk had finally looked up for the first time, looking like she wanted to do something. 

 "Find it yo damn self!" she spoke. Then she stood up and walked into one of the back rooms. 

 'Dumb ass bitch.' I thought to myself. I looked back down at the unfamiliar schedule and tried to find my first class. I pulled my phone out and read the time: 8:20.

 "Where the fuck am I supposed to go!" I yelled in frustration.

 "Girl if you need help just ask." I turned around and saw some girl laughing. I was irritated so I just gave her a blank stare.

She had a light, glowing complexion and she was tall and skinny. She also had long pretty hair. 

 "The bitch behind the desk aint tell me shit. I'm so damn confused." I told the girl.

 "I'm guessing you new here." she smiled. I nodded. "I'm Cymen." (Pronounced the same way as Simon, it's just spelled different)

 Then she took the schedule out my hands and read it.