chapter 13 - cook to keep part 2

Alinson smiled as she watched him make his way towards the door with his hands behind his head as he walked through the closed door, hovering Isaac glided the above the floor of the corridor mimicking walking as he then strolled into the designated wall. Entering the eerie dark well lived in stale room, that was more turned upside down more than normal as blueprints and designs littered the floor like discarded newspaper; with equipment and tools amongst them as the usual noises of winding, twisting and flickering of paper could be heard.

Perching like a cat sitting on its hind legs with a curious look he peered down Nicholas' shoulder, who tampered with a strange small contraption focusing his Monocular Cross Magnification Goggles. He kept quiet wondering what Nicholas was working on as he remained still afloat above his shoulder, before Nicholas put down his Automatic Cross-Headed Screwdriver back into its slotted belt strap around his thigh as if it was a gun holster. He held up the small strange device he had been working on for the last few days, before noting down his thoughts and findings on a piece of paper beside him talking to himself as he wrote down what he said. Putting the pencil in his mouth as he picked up a near hidden blueprint, he scowled the design and notes before sighing to himself lowering the sheet down as he bite into the pencil as went into a deep thought before sighing again, as he exclaimed almost sounding defeated. "Flipping heck, how can I make something I don't know what I'm making?"

To Nicolas it was a rhetorical question that didn't need a answer, but answer came neither the less that made him jump slightly out of his wits "maybe your using your imagination?"

Peering slightly above his shoulder staring at a familiar pair of shoes as he sighed exasperated before placing the pencil and his device down beside him on the floor he asked the obvious question he always asked "don't you ever knock?"

Isaac just shrugged as he replied defensively with a question of his own, "don't you ever answer when I do?"

Nicolas sighed picking the device back up trying to find its purpose, sounding irritated he replied unamused with his arrival that always caused him to get distracted; "I don't have time for these games."

Isaac smirked down at him wanting to do just that, "I do, what are you working on?" he asked now curious more than ever about the strange bronze device that was smaller than Nicholas' hand.

Not looking back to give him the satisfaction of distracting him Nicolas examined the device in front of him turning it and looking at it in every angle, "for once I'm not sure" he answered honestly " it came to me a few days ago but I couldn't draw it as a blueprint, I seem to be doing this in reverse for some a strange reason?" Isaac tried to look more closely at the device as Nicolas held it up, "and yet I can't work out its purpose or why I am even working on it?"

"And yet here you are."

Nicolas without taking his magnified eyes off the strange looking device, he said to Isaac "I am glad that you are here actually, I have something that we need to discuss that has acquired my attention."

Arching his brow as he was spiked with curiosity Isaac asked "oh? And what might that be?"